Forum Discussion

atreya33
Seasoned Veteran
3 hours ago

Safest way to remove residential rentals

With the current sale going on, I finally caved in and got for rent. I want to use the world, the assets in build/buy and cas and a few objects like kettles and hopscotch. But I am afraid to dive into residential rentals because of the bugs. What is the best and safest way to remove a residential and turn it into a regular residential lot. Place another gallery lot or change zoning. How do I best   move out the current residents? 

• I can't help, but I just wanted to say that I think many simmers get into trouble when they give residential rental lots new lot categories. I would not recategorize anything related to rental units. It's just not worth taking the risk, unless you like to start a fresh save every now and then. I never had problems with the few rental residential lots that come with that pack. And I think they are safe to play, or just for storing NPCs. Even if some sims lives in those units, you don't need to play them as renters. And you don't need to play a landlord either.

I also suspect that some of those have issues like corrupted lots, somehow imported the problem from the gallery. So, I will never grab any lot from the gallery, and especially not for anything related to for Rent.

It really is worrying that EA has not yet bee able to address the FR related issues, especially where saves get corrupted. Hopefully their new team will work effectively on this, but even more important would be communicating glitches and theories to us. Would be tragic if most of us keep avoiding the FR features after the team has found/fixed the culprit(s).