Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Scientists not spawning to solve Strangerville Mystery

I have been trying to complete the SV Mystery, for an in game week. The past few days have had my sims with the Hazmat Suit and the 15 spore clusters, and now I need a Scientist to get the Filter. No matter what time of day, or what venue I go to, Scientists just aren't spawning, at all. always 1 or 2 military personnel, but not ONE scientist.

Is there a way to guarantee one, find one, somehow talk to one?
  • "EnkiSchmidt;c-17353332" wrote:
    You could try creating your own scientist from any played sim:

In lifemode with the future scientist selected open the cheat console, type
    testingcheats on
    then
    Traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_Strangetown_Scientist

I also uploaded my household "Strangerville Extras" that contains a Strangerville scientist by name of Florian Kreitz. He kept that status when I moved him in. Tick "include custom content" to find the household (i don't remember what exactly is cc, I think some lab goggles on Florian, nothing essential).

wicked! I had wanted to avoid cheating in this save, but i think I'll have to ?
  • "JACKIEJOY;c-17352954" wrote:
    Check the library? That is where they usually hang out in my game.

I have been having my Sim hang out in both the library and the bar, for about 12 hours at a time. Still nothing.
  • Are there any in your sims friends panel? If so, invite them out for a bite to eat or a night at the club.
  • You could try creating your own scientist from any played sim:

In lifemode with the future scientist selected open the cheat console, type
    testingcheats on
    then
    Traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_Strangetown_Scientist

I also uploaded my household "Strangerville Extras" that contains a Strangerville scientist by name of Florian Kreitz. He kept that status when I moved him in. Tick "include custom content" to find the household (i don't remember what exactly is cc, I think some lab goggles on Florian, nothing essential).
  • "Gorand;c-17353071" wrote:
    Are there any in your sims friends panel? If so, invite them out for a bite to eat or a night at the club.

Literally none have spawned in this save at all, so definitely none in friends panel