Forum Discussion

NateWhiplash
Rising Vanguard
3 years ago

"Script call failed"

Has anyone else found this latest update to be buggy?

I sent one of my sims home from the club, and when she got there I tried to send her inside....instead, she started waving her arm like something was wrong. Well, yeah, something IS wrong; her front door is now gone! And when I went into build mode to try to put another in, it didn't work. I could select a door and place it, but when I clicked to install it, I get the message "script call failed". Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Ok....I have just confirmed that ALL of the front doors of EVERY house are gone in EVERY save. What????

Oddly enough, it will let me place a doorless entry....just nothing with a door.

And I discovered another bug. When I select travel, my sim can't travel with anyone else--even though they show up in the list like always, they're all grayed out
  • "Nate_Whiplash1;c-18157832" wrote:
    Ok....I have just confirmed that ALL of the front doors of EVERY house are gone in EVERY save. What????

Oddly enough, it will let me place a doorless entry....just nothing with a door.

And I discovered another bug. When I select travel, my sim can't travel with anyone else--even though they show up in the list like always, they're all grayed out

Not being able to travel with others is ruining my style of gameplay :( My sims spend a majority of time spending social time out with friends at restaurants or bars. Have not had the door issue yet.
  • Are they CC doors by any chance? If so, since they updated the windows and doors to fit on the curved walls that could be why.

I remember awhile back a patch broke all of the CC doors/windows broke and they couldn't be placed.

I have only ever gotten that Script Call Fail message if I had CC in my game that was a recolor and I didn't have the actual mesh in the game.
    akl1226
    New Spectator
    Do you have mods? The door issue is usually related to mod from what I’ve seen.
  • I don't have any CC. I do have 1 mod, and I haven't updated it yet--maybe that's it. I did try to repair the game, but to no avail
  • Judging from a couple of other threads I see, this new patch has borked quite a few games---looks like we'll need a patch for the patch soon *rolls eyes*
  • I'm having this issue too. I made a thread about it that I'm now going to delete.
  • And it just happened to another sims house in the same save--no more front door! And won't let me place one