Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
3 years ago

Self-Aware Sim?

I have a Toddler in my current game, who has the silly Trait. It's been raining a lot and he's prone to carrying an umbrella. Smart for a wee tyke. However, that bug/glitch is back (if it was ever gone) wherein, his little body stretches weirdly whenever he carries the rain protection. What's really amusing about this, is that he giggles every time he stretches and snaps back into proper shape. Is he possibly self-aware?

And here I thought the Sims continuing to move when we hit pause was creepy …

Anyone else experience this?
    moppy14w
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Oh my!
    Closest I’ve had is picking up more of what sounds like English. When they get stung I hear something like “bee-ba”
  • Looks like it's still an open bug on Answers Headquarters.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Toddlers-stretch-when-using-umbrella/td-p/8376007#M108328
  • Treat him nice, just in case.

What would be the best way to give a Sim the tools to communicate. To put it another way, if you found yourself trapped as a Sim, how would you alert the player?

My first thought was putting fruits or plates or suchlike on the ground in the shape of words, but then I remembered Sims don't know our alphabet.
  • Yes, I'm starting to hear a lot more words that sound like English, too. Trying to remember just what Erik said in my Flashback save today. It'll come to me later, perhaps.
  • "Benjamilian;c-18147162" wrote:
    Treat him nice, just in case.

What would be the best way to give a Sim the tools to communicate. To put it another way, if you found yourself trapped as a Sim, how would you alert the player?

My first thought was putting fruits or plates or suchlike on the ground in the shape of words, but then I remembered Sims don't know our alphabet.

I like your ideas, though. What a story that would make, eh?
  • "simgirl1010;c-18147160" wrote:
    Looks like it's still an open bug on Answers Headquarters.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Toddlers-stretch-when-using-umbrella/td-p/8376007#M108328

I didn't use the trait the conversation in the link you gave mentions. It's a new game save, too.
  • That was the first one that popped up when I searched umbrella/toddler stretching. There may be another related to your issue or maybe start a new report.
  • "simgirl1010;c-18147192" wrote:
    That was the first one that popped up when I searched umbrella/toddler stretching. There may be another related to your issue or maybe start a new report.

Thank you, but it doesn't really bother me all that much. My post was primarily focused on the fact the Toddler giggled upon snapping back into his proper shape. ;)