Forum Discussion

HisCelticlass
New Novice
11 months ago

Sexual orientation issues

I have to constantly change NPCs and townies because I don’t get any choice on sexual orientation in my game. I recently discovered (during a bachelor story) that my sim who I made completely heterosexual for the story suddenly became a lesbian. What?? And I’m not the only one. It also happened to the men in the bachelorette the previous “season”. There really is a simple solution if the programming is done correctly that would fix both problems for everyone. No need to download mods. Just add a sexual orientation slider with homosexual on one side, heterosexual on the other side, and bi in the middle. Let us - the consumer purchasing your products- decide what we want from 100% in either direction and everything in between. Let us decide how we want to play our game. If we’re intelligent enough to buy the Sims, we’re definitely intelligent enough to decide how we want sexuality to play out in said game. This is especially helpful for historical, futuristic, and fantasy players who make up a large portion of the customer base. Of course, we would like to reserve the right to create our characters we play with the sexuality we choose as long as it actually works. Which it currently does not! It’s frustrating as a player.