Forum Discussion

keekee53
New Spectator
7 years ago

Silence is annoying

Yeah I have posted this topic before but again I still feel like there is a lack of communication. I tried to be quiet and patient to see if the live stream communication would fill the void but it doesn't. I really want the quarter teasers back because at least we knew what was coming during the quarter. Now we are waiting for these live streams and in the end we are still not getting any information.

I am not trying to nit pick but I didn't care for the joke at the end of the last live stream where a fake announcement was started and then the audio cut out. There are many people who want to know what is coming and playing a joke like that was inconsiderate.

Anyway the new community manager said they were trying something new and to be open minded. I am just letting you know this is not working for me. There doesn't seem to be any real communication at all. It is more of a here is what we added to the game. I can start my game up and\or read the patch notes to see that.
  • "paradiseplanet;c-16700866" wrote:
    Even if a guru did say something along the lines that they were working on something, it's still far too vague to even come close to a quarterly teaser. In fact, it's really quite futile to even discern what is even being worked on anymore. I guess it gives us a greater element of surprise, but continues to leave us in the dark even worse than before. There maybe plenty of communication, but not the ones we're looking for.

I think its not the communication that you are not looking for, its the information. There are tons of communication happening from the developers and simmers outside of the forums. If you thought of communication about teasing future content, then its information. The communication is already happening in the community almost everyday with SimGuruKate. The Guru Garage is also coming. Its just that information.

In my opinion they are not silent, its just that people want a information that the gurus don't want to share because of reasons.
  • Hi folks,

I am closing this one out - we tried this once and it did not go well.

Thank you all for the feedback and opinions.
  • Just a few days left until the first Guru Garage, they may tease something... :p
  • "LeGardePourpre;c-16700174" wrote:
    What silence ? They don't stop talking :p

- Some quarters no paid content = No pack this quarter

- SimGuruNinja told he is working on something = Next pack is a Game Pack

- SimGuruGraham left the SP team = No SP planned in a near future
    (maybe they use all the resources in order to finish the EP06 before December ???)

- Maxis Monthly livestream = New Free content or major update every month (this quarter at least)

In fact we still get something similar to quarterly teasers.
    For example : When SimGuruGrant was back on Twitter (May 10) that meant a new EP was planned this quarter.

I think GP07 is Summer Vacation (Caribbean theme) and EP06 is University.

Crosses fingers about a Summer Vacation being next. I still remember that Concept Art of a beach vacation world got leaked before Dine Out and it was removed. It showed a beach and some items we don't have now including seashells and a beach themed outdoor shower.