Forum Discussion

Kyr0e
New Spectator
3 years ago

Sims 4 Scavenger Hunt #2: Sims and Their Titles

I recently found out that if you gift a certain type of object to a certain type of person, they'll give you something worthwhile in return. This had me thinking of all of the specific NPC types I'd met in-game, each with a specific quirk all their own. Just like my first scavenger hunt, I was curious how well people really know the game. Some are just titles/jobs, whilst others may be attributed to actual name(s). As usual, per completed list, I'll reply with the correct entries.

• Compliment my pants, and I may share my secrets.
  • Gift me something hand-made, and I'll give you the gift of colour.
  • Gift me anything you want, but you'll only get this flower in return. Only this specific one though.
  • You don't have to gift me anything to get something in return, just ask.
  • I'm not giving you anything. I'll give it to your yard, instead.
  • The only thing you're getting from me is a one-way trip with very few ways back.
  • So...about that loan you gave me...
  • I'm as pretty as a picture. Not that that makes me happy. Nothing ever does, really.
  • People ask for my signature joke, then they tell me the same joke over and over, and I just die laughing.
  • Yes, people do look up to us, but we don't make constellations when we're in a group. We just make chaos.
  • Yes, we look alike, but we're just siblings, not twins. No, you don't look like you were born yesterday, but I was.
  • What am I doing out here? Just basking in the sun. Could you leave? You're interrupting my meal.
  • You've got quite the mess on your hands in here, don't you, you dirty little hoarder?

I do not own JtB, CoL, MFPS, or MWS, so no unique NPC's/titles from those are included.
      Kyr0e
      New Spectator
      @EnkiSchmidt
      You got 4 of them right.
      I'll let you in on which if you complete the list. I've updated the OP to include what packs I don't have, which includes Cottage Living (hadn't considered doing that, initially).
    • @KyreRoen Four :) I'll go look for the rest (and also to either confirm or disprove my guesses) ingame.
      Kyr0e
      New Spectator
      Discussion re-opened and repurposed. Feedback welcomed.
    • Let's get this started with some wild guesses. I don't pay attention to the lore or interact with npcs often and it shows ;)

1 - No idea who this might be, but it sounds interesting. Basically you compliment a sim's attire and in response they share a recipe with you? Sounds in character for Diego Lobo, but he's a standard premade, none of the role sims with their red titles. Really curious now who this is!

2 - I assume either the Crafting Guru (Default: Tina Tinker) or the Crafting Tutor (no default, can change) are supposed to give my sims dyes for fabrication/candle making. I had something similar happen when one of my played sims made half a dozen environmental upgrade parts for his neighbors. When he started gifting them to two other played sims, they suddenly gave him dyes (that they don't even own) in return. It happened on a Crafting Community lot, so the game was probably confused.

3 - Grim gives you a Death Flower when you gift him something? (Just guessing)

4 - The friendship event in Henford, probably. The game gives you the name of a sim that is your "gift friend" for today and talking to that sim yields a small present. (There's also the Good Neighbor event, but it doesn't require asking, the neighbor rings your doorbell to deliver their gift).

6 - Sounds like Grim, guessing he says this when you ask him for a loan?

7 - The Entrepreneur npc (default: Bess Sterling) after you donated a few times. I got back a little more than I invested, but I heard this event can also result in getting nothing.

8 + 9 Guessing Tragic Clown when you gift them something (8) or tell them a joke (9)

Adding another one: I'm a happy single and intend to stay that way. Agnes Crumplebottom's individual reply to getting ask whether she's single (paraphrased from memory, it's actually longer). Appears in a blue popup in the notification box.
      Spoiler