Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Sims always angry now

Is there a way to go back to whims? Cuz my sims are always tense, sad then angry about unfulfilled dreams or whatever - it's so annoying!
  • Yes you can turn them off, but need to know many people are still reporting that when turned off they do sometimes turn back on again automatically. So when turn them off, probably will need to check to make sure continue to stay off. I plan to turn them off when I start playing again.
  • Yes, I experienced what others have said. The wants & fears turn back on whenever your Sim travels to another lot. For those trying to take in the full HSY experience, this will mean turning them off every time they go to school, then when they return home again. Of if they go anywhere else, in fact. It's annoying as all-get-out. I have decided, if my Teen celebrity gets a want to flirt with Thorne Bailey again, when I have him set in CAS he likes girls, is not experimenting, that I will turn off the wants & fears, hoping to clear that out, since we no longer have the capability to nix the ones we don't like as we could the whims. This, hopefully, will avoid the downside of any unfulfilled wish.
  • This is annoying in part because it's always the same thing and it's ridiculous to be enraged over: listening to DJ booth music. That one in particular, I don't know how to fulfill because it says to go to a booth where a DJ is playing, then listen, but I can't figure out how to do it. When there is no DJ, they can't select or listen to DJ Booth music, as there is no such genre. When there is a DJ, they can either watch, or dance, or request a genre. None of which are "DJ Booth". There is no "listen" option, and even DJing themselves doesn't fix this.

But I can't get rid of that Want the way I could dismiss Wishes in Sims3, so that I can get another one.

So my Sims walk around going bonkers if they can't listen to this or that station and are elated and fulfilled so long as I have them turn on Japanese Folk, or Electronica, or whatever genre that sim is obsessed with. Just spam them with music of their choice several times a day, and they are permanently happy, whereas failure to do so means the depths of incapacitating rage.

?
  • Weerbesu's "UI Cheats" mod.... it has become my best friend these days.

I right click on all the neverending annoying moodlets that pop up every 30 seconds throughout gameplay these days.... angry, tense, scared, etc etc. With all this attempt at 'realism' in the game, our sims are now in a constant state of mental instability/emotional stress and it annoys me to no end. I just want to play a simple game of skill building, or climbing a mountain, or running a business, or getting stung by a gazillion bugs whilst attempting to solve a mystery on a wild and crazy jungle adventure.

And so (thanks to Weerbesu)..... all I do these days is simply right click on each moodlet icon that appears and poof! bye bye annoying unnecessary "feels".

Is it cheating? Yes, yes it is. Do I care? No, no I do not. :|
  • "AncientMuse;c-18173480" wrote:
    And so (thanks to Weerbesu)..... all I do these days is simply right click on each moodlet icon that appears and poof! bye bye annoying unnecessary "feels".

I've been doing that forever. ? Long before wants and fears.
  • "simgirl1010;c-18173493" wrote:
    "AncientMuse;c-18173480" wrote:

I've been doing that forever. ? Long before wants and fears.

As have I.

But lately the game has become so overly polluted with emotional drama, I'm finding myself having to click off the moodlets constantly now (rather than once in a while) just so my sims can get on with their day without needing a mentally therapeutic 'hide under the covers' session every 30 seconds.
  • "AncientMuse;c-18173480" wrote:
    Weerbesu's "UI Cheats" mod.... it has become my best friend these days.

I right click on all the neverending annoying moodlets that pop up every 30 seconds throughout gameplay these days.... angry, tense, scared, etc etc. With all this attempt at 'realism' in the game, our sims are now in a constant state of mental instability/emotional stress and it annoys me to no end. I just want to play a simple game of skill building, or climbing a mountain, or running a business, or getting stung by a gazillion bugs whilst attempting to solve a mystery on a wild and crazy jungle adventure.

Exactly! It's one of the very few mods I use, and I couldn't play without it!