Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
3 months ago

Sims inventory - favorites

In the inventory there is an option to set content as Favorite. I only know the red heart will be added, and that it can be "un-favored" later. The few times I actually added a heart was by mistake ;)

I'm not sure how I can benefit from this feature, so it would be cool learning how others use it. Say, my sim child can add favorite status to her homework (typical thing to do for a kid...?). Why would she do that? Will it have any affect in game, like will she do her homework by own will more often?

And how about other items, will they be used more often if they are favored?

I mostly try to keep my sims' inventories quite clean, perhaps 5-10 items, so I don't need to brand stuff for easier finding them. Might be useful if the inventory is packed.

What's your way?

• When sims have two, or more vacuums in their inventory, you can mark one as favourite and they will choose only that one when vacuuming around the house. I am not sure how the favourite mark works with other items. 

crocobaura
      Seasoned Ace

I think this works  in a similar way with brooms and bicycles as well.

Simmerville
        Seasoned Ace

Thanks both. I don't have the dusty pack, but I can use the feature with bicycles. Hm... not so sure any of my sims keep more than one bicycle in their "pocket" though, but good to know anyway :)

MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot

It is indeed mostly useful for sims with very full inventories. I have a globetrotter and a jungle explorer sim. Both of them have lots of things that they pickedup on their travels in their inventory. With the favourites, I can filter the essential stuff more easily,  like the tent, camera, portable shower, etc.

• I always favourite lots of stuff by accident🙃  Often when I drag veggies out for planting I end up favouriting too ... 

• I’ve never bothered with this feature, and have only used it by accident. I used to wonder what the point of it was — but I can see it’s useful if you have very full inventories. I tend to clear out my sims’ inventories regularly so they never get very full.

• I use it for my most used things so I can find them faster. For instance: homework, spellcaster glimmer stone, tablets, bikes, jewelry, etc.