Forum Discussion

Justaguy6669
Seasoned Newcomer
3 hours ago

Sims keep mysteriously dying

My sims keep getting told that someone they are friends with has died.  What's so weird about this, is I've turned off aging.  So, it's not time that's responsible.

It's never a name I recognize, so I don't think it's a pre-made Sim and most likely a townie.

Are townies not held to the same rules as the pre-made Sims?

By "pre-made", what I mean are Sims that are already in the game (e.g. The Goth family, etc.).

Jehane40
    Seasoned Hotshot

Just because aging is turned off doesn't mean Sims cannot die. They still can have lethal and freaky accidents - quite a few friends of my households were eaten by a cow plant, and one of my own Sims dropped dead after staying in the sauna for too long (she didn't stay dead long, though, because I reloaded - can't have one of my main Sims just die like that). There are many, many ways for Sims to die, depending on which packs you have. 

EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace

Neighborhood Stories can also cause deaths. Are they turned on in the Gameplay Options?

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,093 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago