Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Sims leaving sand footprints inside house

Since installing Island Living, I've noticed that sims in my game are leaving sand footprints all over inside the house. I think it may be because I'm using custom floors. Anyway, does anyone know how to fix this? The footprints are ruining my screenshots and I don't want to remove my custom floors.
  • Could be your cc floors but I believe I've seen other post about this as well. It's probably a bug. Please post in the link below.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    bizuktag
    Rising Traveler
    I had the same problem in places in Oasis Springs. I "fixed" the problem by raising my house onto a very high foundation, changing the foundation type to one of the new stilt varieties, and using a big square brush to paint the ground underneath the house with a dirt terrain texture. Changed the foundation back to a solid type and lowered the house to the ground again. No more footprints.

Obviously it would be better if the CC floors worked, but in the meantime, this let me carry on taking screenshots.
  • I had the same problem and posted about it. The cc floors I was using was the cause when I changed to one that came with the game it stopped. I hate it to because I really like the cc floors.
  • "bshag4lv;c-17153994" wrote:
    Hmm, I never noticed. I will definitely check into this next gaming session as I use cc floors almost exclusively. Thanks for the tip.

I think it depends on what material the person making the CC floor based the floor on. I think if you just retexture a wooden floor, you don't get the issue. Re-texture a dirt or sand texture? Hello soft spongy livingroom floor :smile:

Though leaving footprints on the thick carpets would be rather realistic actually...
  • Probably the floor. CC always act up when new functionality is added to the game. Just look at the amount of problems custom skins cause when swimming or tanning.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    Hmm, I never noticed. I will definitely check into this next gaming session as I use cc floors almost exclusively. Thanks for the tip.
  • "bizuktag;c-17153615" wrote:
    I had the same problem in places in Oasis Springs. I "fixed" the problem by raising my house onto a very high foundation, changing the foundation type to one of the new stilt varieties, and using a big square brush to paint the ground underneath the house with a dirt terrain texture. Changed the foundation back to a solid type and lowered the house to the ground again. No more footprints.

Obviously it would be better if the CC floors worked, but in the meantime, this let me carry on taking screenshots.

This wouldn't work in my case, at least, I don't think it would. The houses I've had this happen on are all houses on stilt foundations in Sulani. The footprints are only on the first floor of the house, but not upstairs, even though the upstairs uses the same flooring.
  • This problem still exists with cc floors. Such a shame. I wonder if there is a way to fix it with Sims Studio?
  • All that needs to be done is to remake the floors with a bump and spec. I updated all my floors and now they are fine. :)