Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Sims swiping objects!

Hi everyone!

I'm so frustrated im ready to tear my hair out!

I have this bizarre bug in my game where anytime someone comes to visit my house they swipe my objects! It keeps happening on community lots too and its driving my insane. I consider it quite game breaking! I have no mods either so they aren;t the problem.

Help a simmer out guys? :)
  • Sharing is Caring is a very very odd NAP indeed. I think the original l intent was for it to work on community lots only, but instead in works everywhere. Avoid it like a plague. At least it and other negative NAPs give depth to gameplay, as you are REALLY interested in repealing it ASAP.
  • Thanks for replying :)

I really enjoy Eco Lifestyle is there not a way to stop this from happening? I begrudge uninstalling a pack if this is the main feature! Also, the NAP isnt active so im a bit baffled!
  • I heard someone reported the issue as well, even after he/she repealed the Nap, all of the npcs still behave as if it's still active(sharing is caring), there may be a mod for that that limits certain items from being swiped but it was a long time ago didn't remember where I found it.
  • Some sims might legit have the klepto trait as well so you might want to look into that. Also, the recycle disciple trait will cause sims to swipe your stuff if they haven't recycled in awhile. If those traits aren't on the sims, and you don't have the NAP active, check all neighbourhoods and repeal that NAP any time you see it active. Sometimes it will stick on sims and they'll use it outside of their neighbourhood. It's quite time consuming but you will have to log into at least one household in every neighbourhood to check. You can use the testing cheat to insta repeal the NAP off the mail box to so you don't have to actually play out the whole repeal process. Turn off NAPS in game too so that you are in control of which get voted in so you don't have to do this twice. ;) IF it's still happening (and it might), it's a bug unfortunately and you can add your "me too" to this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to-visiting/td-p/9185155
    The author of this thread is the one who's made a mod to fix it as well and he explains where you can find his mod should you need/want it.
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Disable NPC voting, cheat 4 "safe" NAP's that don't have the ridiculous autonomous behaviour. Or, if you can, use mods to "tweak" away some of the nonsense that EL brought.
  • Definately get rid of the “sharing is caring” neighborhood action plan. The only thing they won’t steal is a baby. Everything else is fair game.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,080 PostsLatest Activity: 7 hours ago