Forum Discussion

bruceleroy98
New Rookie
3 years ago

Social Bunny is broken terribly

I have a Sim that I have never used SB with. He has gained 200 plus followers, makes posts referring to himself in 3rd person and makes posts about activities he never participated in...i.e. prom. He's an adult villain...why would he post about prom?

Are there other reports of SB being a mess? I would like the posts to have more variety and if they can't create different canned posts for several sims, we should be able to type our own and place them in a particular category.

Thoughts?
    Burnziie
    Seasoned Novice
    It's built with little scope beyond teens it seems, the way Sims talk on there most definitely suits teenagers and maybe Young Adults at most, the little variation there is in the dialogue is what hurts the most since it seems you only get most of the interesting ones when knowing an evil/mean Sim, but even there it's not really affecting much beyond looking different without doing anything different.

I'll assume the game doesn't have filters for ages or traits when talking about pillow fights, proms, ect which leads to unfortunate situations like a mean, loner, elder talking about going to prom especially like they're still a child at heart.

Social Bunny also has an issue with what your Sim can actually post about, a Divorce doesn't allow a new post, but something as little as changing shoes allows a post.

Hopefully with the foundation there modders can build upon it and make it a properly unique feature.
  • My sim constantly sends messages to himself... In general messages in SB are a bit boring and repetitive.
    logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard
    It seems to be very limited for teens attending the Copperdale High School and even then some messages seem a bit random and repetitive.

I do wish they could have made it base game so they could update it with more messages over time, with some more development I think it could have worked pretty well with your sims posting messages about doing larger things from different packs like finding treasure in Selvadorada or something.
  • "Sorak4;c-18162709" wrote:
    It's built with little scope beyond teens it seems, the way Sims talk on there most definitely suits teenagers and maybe Young Adults at most, the little variation there is in the dialogue is what hurts the most since it seems you only get most of the interesting ones when knowing an evil/mean Sim, but even there it's not really affecting much beyond looking different without doing anything different.

I'll assume the game doesn't have filters for ages or traits when talking about pillow fights, proms, ect which leads to unfortunate situations like a mean, loner, elder talking about going to prom especially like they're still a child at heart.

Social Bunny also has an issue with what your Sim can actually post about, a Divorce doesn't allow a new post, but something as little as changing shoes allows a post.

Hopefully with the foundation there modders can build upon it and make it a properly unique feature.

I hope so as the feature is cool, it just needs to be more immersive for all types of Sim players so that you look forward to using it. With all of the repetitive canned posts and messages, I'm not excited about using it.
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "bruceleroy98;d-1002261" wrote:
    I have a Sim that I have never used SB with. He has gained 200 plus followers, makes posts referring to himself in 3rd person and makes posts about activities he never participated in...i.e. prom. He's an adult villain...why would he post about prom?

Are there other reports of SB being a mess? I would like the posts to have more variety and if they can't create different canned posts for several sims, we should be able to type our own and place them in a particular category.

Thoughts?

Do you play a modded game or vanilla?
  • "SilentKitty;c-18162769" wrote:
    "bruceleroy98;d-1002261" wrote:

Thoughts?

Do you play a modded game or vanilla?

Vanilla on console

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,090 PostsLatest Activity: 3 minutes ago