Forum Discussion

JayandMeeka
New Spectator
6 years ago

Socials Menu

There was a survey that went around a week or more ago about giving feedback to the Sim team. I answered one of their questions regarding feedback for the game and thought I would start a conversation on it to see what others think.

I honestly think the socials menu when you click on a sim is too long now. When you go under "friendly" to find an interaction, it may take four clicks before you find your interaction. I genuinely don't really know a solution for this other than further categorizing interactions beyond "friendly", but is that still too many clicks? Am I the only one who feels this way?

Don't get me wrong I love that this is a "problem" (it's not, really) that I have and I am thankful for all the social interactions we have available to us. I'm just wondering if there is a way to make the selecting of an animation from clicking on a sim more efficient.

:smile:
  • Absolutely agree. Love that there are so many options but sometimes it does take a while to find the social you're looking for. I just started the scientist career and one of the socials that comes up is to interact with one of the co-workers and that interaction is under friendly. Maybe it would be a bit more efficient if there were more categories, one of them being career.
  • I feel the same way. It's a lot of clicking, especially on a sim with a few skills and aspirations completed.

Not sure if adding another menu would fix it. In my opinion there are just way too many highly specific talking points that don't need to be there. And they all use the same animations that the more general talking points do. Like, what does asking a sim about their favorite author really do for me that it needs to be its own interaction?
  • Thanks, @simgirl1010 :smiley:

@Cupid Totally! Perhaps the socials that use the same animation could be combined? But then the problem becomes that those different socials likely result in different moodlets or buffs. But I do think the idea of streamlining animations has a lot of merit.