Forum Discussion

4 years ago

(Solved) Is There A Way To Disable A Pack?

I'm officially fed up with my sims changing into their hot and cold clothes.
I spend SO much time in CAS picking out my sims' everyday, formal, athletic, etc. apparel and all they do is wear their summer/winter clothes!
I've followed a website to put in the "code" for disabling the pack through origin, but I guess the code is wrong and it disabled 4 other packs instead. But as SOON as I launched the game, origin decided to automatically install them, so it wouldn't have worked anyway.

https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks 2nd time is the charm! Got it to work.
  • "Missmagoo2;c-17847377" wrote:
    Wait hold up.
    Seasons did uninstall... Are the hot and cold clothes still going to be a problem even with the pack uninstalled? Because they're still there in CAS. I thought those options only were available through Seasons...

They were added to the base game, but your sims won't autonomously wear them without seasons.
  • "BookBear;c-17847414" wrote:
    "Missmagoo2;c-17847377" wrote:
    Wait hold up.
    Seasons did uninstall... Are the hot and cold clothes still going to be a problem even with the pack uninstalled? Because they're still there in CAS. I thought those options only were available through Seasons...

They were added to the base game, but your sims won't autonomously wear them without seasons.

Thanks! Just did a test and looks like it's working, now!
  • Doesn’t seasons have a toggle where you can toggle off weather effects?
  • "SheriSim57;c-17847708" wrote:
    Doesn’t seasons have a toggle where you can toggle off weather effects?

If so, I'd like to know. I only bought Seasons in the very recent sale, and it's the first time I've actively regretted buying a pack. I hate the changing of clothes also, because like OP I spend a lot of time picking their other outfits.

I also hate that the weather so often affects my Sims ability to even leave the darn house. In real life, in most places anyway, there is never that much time when the weather is too much to be outside! But now we have - oh the Sim is too wet, the Sim is freezing/caught in a blizzard, the Sim is "burning to death", and btw your garden is ..... well I'm not allowed to use that word. Even planting indoors doesn't bring your garden back to what it was without Seasons (I ended up downloading a mod to control this, something I virtually never do). The dog wants to go for a walk and is getting antsy about it, but there's a darn blizzard outside. Argh!

I heard so much praise for Seasons and I was skeptical. Should have gone with my gut instinct - for my type of gameplay and personal preferences, Seasons is just *not* enjoyable.

Does Eco Lifestyle have similar issues? I'm curious about the neighbourhood (Evergreen Harbor), but I from what I hear about this pack, I wouldn't want to deal with NAPs.

• It would be good to keep the other stuff that came with the pack (since I've paid for it!), rather than to completely uninstall the whole pack.

If that's an option.
  • "PriestessDreadful;c-17847810" wrote:
    "SheriSim57;c-17847708" wrote:

If so, I'd like to know.

Game Options > Weather
    Does Eco Lifestyle have similar issues? I'm curious about the neighbourhood (Evergreen Harbor), but I from what I hear about this pack, I wouldn't want to deal with NAPs.

Eco lifestyle also comes with options in the menu. You can find them in the options under specific packs options (I don't know the exact wording in English) You can disable automatic voting for NAPs. If you disable NAPs, only you can vote and townies can't so you have full control over which NAPs are enabled. You can also choose not to vote so no NAPs will be enacted.

If so, I'd like to know. I only bought Seasons in the very recent sale, and it's the first time I've actively regretted buying a pack. I hate the changing of clothes also, because like OP I spend a lot of time picking their other outfits.

I also hate that the weather so often affects my Sims ability to even leave the darn house. In real life, in most places anyway, there is never that much time when the weather is too much to be outside! But now we have - oh the Sim is too wet, the Sim is freezing/caught in a blizzard, the Sim is "burning to death", and btw your garden is ..... well I'm not allowed to use that word. Even planting indoors doesn't bring your garden back to what it was without Seasons (I ended up downloading a mod to control this, something I virtually never do). The dog wants to go for a walk and is getting antsy about it, but there's a darn blizzard outside. Argh!

I heard so much praise for Seasons and I was skeptical. Should have gone with my gut instinct - for my type of gameplay and personal preferences, Seasons is just *not* enjoyable.

That's what i don't like about seasons most of the time there's a negative moodlet during winter saying "sim is cold". meanwhile there is a roof over their head, and well inside their house the heat should be on? only thing i don't like about it.
  • "Pamtastic72;c-17848898" wrote:
    "Sunflowergal227;c-17848886" wrote:
    "PriestessDreadful;c-17847810" wrote:

That's what i don't like about seasons most of the time there's a negative moodlet during winter saying "sim is cold". meanwhile there is a roof over their head, and well inside their house the heat should be on? only thing i don't like about it.

I don’t know where you live but where I live the winter temps dive well below freezing and I we didn’t turn the heat on the temp inside the house would eventually match the temperature outside the house and we too would be wearing our winter bundles indoors. I find the pack generally very realistic and it’s brought a lot of life to my game. I love the real sense of time passing and having to check forecast conditions before planning an outdoor event. I just install the thermostat in all my lots and if you don’t want to have mind it I believe Little Ms Sam has a mod that turns it up and down automatically according to the weather.

ah maybe that's what i have to do during winter for my sims! thanks! And yeah i like seasons as well and it is realistic.