Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Something to think about (regarding My First Pet Stuff)

I just want to say before I start that I do not agree with this stuff pack and I will not be paying money for it.

That said, I do feel like EA think they can get away with this, simply because they did it 10x worse before, and it seems no one kicked up a stink about it, at all.

Just after Pets was released in 2011, EA released a compilation of the store sets in November. It came with a new self-feeding Pet bowl, and a new Aquarian, as well as some other items. The self-feeding Pet Bowl was the main attraction of the set.

EA asked $30 (yes, that's $10 more than a Sims 4 Game Pack) for this set if you wanted all 54 items.
There was a cheaper option for just 21 items and that was $14 (yes, $4 more expensive than a Sims 4 stuff pack, with one-third of the items).

On top of that, they charged $3.50 for 3 items. That's more than a $1 each for 3 Pet items.

Now, I'm not saying I agree with The Sims 4 MFP stuff, or that I'm saying "it's okay, because TS3 did it worse".

The point I'm making is, where was the outrage? All TS3 threads have people all excited and not complaining about how expensive it all is. No one was complaining that you needed TS3 Pets for this.

People should have spoken up. People shouldn't have accepted this.

Because, no wonder EA think it's okay to add DLC for DLC, because they did it before and no one cared.

And now they're doing the same thing, but offering 4x the content (SimGuruGraham even said the Pet outfits are in addition to the normal amount of CAS items we usually get) and no wonder EA think they can get away with it, because they've done so much worse.

The point of this thread is, if you don't agree with this practice, DON'T BUY IT ANYWAY. Because history will repeat itself, and EA will keep doing this over and over.

It's so frustrating to see people say "I don't agree with it but I'll buy it anyway". At least wait for a sale if you're keen. But please, don't get angry the next time EA do this, if you're one of the people who buy as soon as they can.

Let EA know you don't agree. Buying this at full price tells EA you agree. So don't.

(If you are happy, that's fine, buy as you wish. Obviously, LOL).