Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Sometimes the pathing in this game just boggles the mind...

So my Sims and his toddler son are on the ground floor of his house. I click on the toddler and tell my Sim to play with him. They are standing about four feet from each other. My sim then precedes to walk up to the third floor of the house sit down at a desk for a second THEN walk all the way back down to play with his toddler. Now tell me how him walking up to the third floor to sit in that chair first could in any way be useful?
  • Yes - it is certainly odd. Sims will rarely sit when they are supposed to - like to eat - but they constantly go find something to sit on before they will do so many other things - so many face palms and yelling at my sims that they are stupid!
  • > @kodachrome35 said:
    > I don't know what it is about toddlers, but feeding them is always a giant confusing disaster. My Sims seem to traverse the entire house before feeding the **** kid. In addition to the fact that my Sims love to autonomously put my toddlers in the high chair and try to feed them when they don't need to be fed, I've gotten to the point now where I don't even buy them a high chair. They just seem fundamentally incapable of using the thing properly. The toddler can just grab adult food off the counter and eat on the floor instead for all I care--it's easier.

Not to mention taking them OUT of the high chair when they're starving and there is already food in front of them.
    Why is it that a high chair is required for the kid to ask for food OR drink? They can't even *ask for a drink* if you don't have the glitchy high chair making everybody in the household go wonky!
  • I don't know what it is about toddlers, but feeding them is always a giant confusing disaster. My Sims seem to traverse the entire house before feeding the damn kid. In addition to the fact that my Sims love to autonomously put my toddlers in the high chair and try to feed them when they don't need to be fed, I've gotten to the point now where I don't even buy them a high chair. They just seem fundamentally incapable of using the thing properly. The toddler can just grab adult food off the counter and eat on the floor instead for all I care--it's easier.
  • I have to agree with this, I hate when I tell my Sims to do something and they go upstairs for some reason, stand around, then go back downstairs and do what I told them to.

What I really hate though is that if I tell them to do something upstairs, then cancel the action, they'll still go upstairs anyway, then just stand around for a moment before coming back down. It feels like it wastes so much time.