Forum Discussion

mightyspritesims
Rising Hotshot
2 years ago

Spellcaster eyes?

Someone on Answers HQ mentioned "spellcaster eyes" as something that spellcaster children could inherit. I've been playing with spellcasters since 2020 and I never had spellcaster children born with anything other than normal eyes. Didn't even know that was a thing. They mentioned other "caster features" too.
I didn't want to derail their bug report by asking what are these cool spellcaster eyes? and other features? But I am curious so asking you :)
  • I just googled this because I've never heard of "spellcaster eyes" either, and it seems that Spellcaster sims have their own eyes, like how aliens do. You can select them in CAS. Those eyes weren't showing up properly, hence the bug report.
    cyncie
    Seasoned Veteran
    If I recall correctly, when RoM released there were special eyes for Spellcasters in CAS that didn’t show up in game. It was reported as a bug, but the devs said that they experimented with them and decided against them, so they were never enabled. They were then removed from CAS in a patch.
    EmmaVane
    Rising Hotshot
    "Other Spellcaster features" could include pointed ears, as these are enabled on Spellcasters to allow elves etc.
  • I haven't played in a hot minute but I remember having to age up my born in game spellcaster babies to remove their powers, turn them magic again, then age them back down as toddlers to unlock the supernatural CAS for them.

It was tiring.
    luciusstorm
    Seasoned Veteran
    It is possible to give spellcasters eyes from the Vampires pack. If you look closely, my evil wizard Faust has all black eyes, for example.
    https://i.imgur.com/L2y9EYj.png

The glitch is that spellcaster children of spellcasters with "vampire eyes" sometimes get the other eye effects vampires have (lines and shadows) and those can't be removed in CAS because they don't actually what the options for them.