Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Spent a week baking wedding cakes...and then..

So a few weeks ago I had a sim spend a full sim week baking all the wedding cake varieties and then on top of that I had her spend another sim week baking all of the regular food/baking recipes. I did this because she had the fresh chef trait and I wanted to be able to sell all of these things at my in-game retail grocery store.

The sim was an elder and she literally DIED on the last day of this process....with about 12 gourmet cooking recipes left to do.

Anyway, today I'm playing one of her granddaughters who is a scientist and it occurred to me, if I had given her a robo arm she could have finished all of that cooking and baking so much faster. *smacks forehead* Her grand daughter does robotics and has made robo arms for several other sims in my game. I just never thought to give it to the fresh chef.

I can be pretty dense sometimes. I wasted a lot of MY time watching my sim baking and cooking too. :lol:
  • @Stinalina I just had my first wedding since the most recent patch yesterday and everything worked perfectly. The only problem I had was when I called guests for the cake cutting, every single sim in the neighborhood came to watch it rather than just the wedding guests. I'd call that working "too much" rather than "not working." :lol:

BTW, I agree that we can't all be Fresh Chefs. That's why I had a fresh chef bake every single wedding cake. So that my sims who aren't fresh chefs can buy the ever-fresh ones at the store. The way retail works is you only have to make each of them one time, after that it will automatically be restocked when purchased. i.e. Having her bake all the wedding cakes means I will have the cakes which never spoil available for all of my sims forever and ever.
  • @Stormkeep Oh my, that sounds like a lot of guests! Lol I have to give it a try again, but got so fed up with nothing working that I needed a break from it. - It would be nice if you could make it a private event (Like parties in Sims 3). I had some famous sims trying to get married and the place was full of paparazzi - like all over! Up in their faces, blocking the wedding isle and arch for everyone else. They could at least stay outside!

I kind like having my other sims trying to make the wedding cakes. - For now they eat them at other parties. But I might have to ask my "fresh Chef" to make some wedding cakes too - If I ever get in to the wedding business again :smiley:
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Stormkeep;c-18093620" wrote:
    @Stinalina, they did patch to solve the problem with wedding cake spoiling so quickly, but in the case of my story that's not even an issue, because the sim doing the baking has the "Fresh Chef" trait, which means things they cook and bake never spoil.

Also, just an fyi, you can fit the wedding cakes into the bakery displays by shrinking them. The same way you can shrink anything else in the game, by turning moveobjects on and hitting the [ key while in BB mode. For my store I just put them on raised pedestal flooring though, seeing as they were made by a Fresh Chef they don't need refrigeration.

Just popping in to say that I shrink/enlarge things all the time and I never have MOO on. The keys I use are different, though, since I don't have an american keyboard. For any Norwegian around, the keys I use are the \ (right next the the backspace key) and the å key.

Also, I'll totally have my fresh chef do what you did, Stormkeep. At least I'll have the cakes ready should I ever want to do an actual wedding :)
  • @Kathykins, thanks for that tidbit. I couldn't remember for sure if MOO was needed for shrink/enlarge or not when I posted...I know you need it on for raise and lower, which are keys right next to shrink and enlarge so just assumed maybe you did. :lol:
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I use shrink/enlarge a lot, especially for trees, bushes etc, to make them smaller usually. That way they're not in the way for gallery snapshots. Too bad off-lot trees can't be removed or shrunk the same way :D

I never use MOO, but I use alt-placement a lot. It will allow me to mostly freely place items closer together (or closer to a wall), but at the same time not place them where they shouldn't be. I've not had any routing issues that way, and not gotten any feedback about any problems either. I also don't place much clutter, which is also a reason people use the cheat.