Forum Discussion

Behappy1st
New Spectator
3 years ago

Strangeville Help

I played it once when it first came out. But I decided I wanted to play it again. I am letting the Aspiration guide me. I'm to the point where I have to try and vaccinate 3 sims. My problem: THE GAME WON"T LET ME!!!! A couple of things happen, he just stands there and the Q never drops. Or he will run to the infected and as soon as he gets there they are back to normal. Not once not twice but about 10 tries.
  • When you say they are back to normal do you mean they get cured and then you can't vaccinate them? I haven't played this in a while, but I think the three I vaccinated were never infected. Maybe try to vaccinate some healthy Sims? I believe I had an experimental vaccine first which I had to test on infected Sims until developing the cure, then I could cure infected Sims and vaccinate. I'll try to play it later and see I think I have a Sim close to that part in the game
  • "Gagea;c-18093358" wrote:
    Clearing Caches doesn't help?

I recently lost everything in my game. I turned it on and it welcomed me to sims 4 and vampires and cats and dogs etc. etc. etc. So I am starting fresh. I don't think that would be an issue.
  • Do you use mods? If so, try removing the mods folder to see if this is still happening. If this fixes it, return your mods — one at a time. If the game goes wonky again, remove the last mod you returned. You've found the culprit. Could be it's in need of an update. Check with the creator of said mod. If this doesn't end the problem, try a game repair. Remove the mods folder from the game and then right-click on the game cover in Origin (My Library) and select repair. Let it go through the process until it's complete. Play your game and see if all is well. If so, return the Mods folder (with only the mods that work) and you're good to go. Hope this helps.
  • "GalacticGal;c-18093506" wrote:
    Do you use mods? If so, try removing the mods folder to see if this is still happening. If this fixes it, return your mods — one at a time. If the game goes wonky again, remove the last mod you returned. You've found the culprit. Could be it's in need of an update. Check with the creator of said mod. If this doesn't end the problem, try a game repair. Remove the mods folder from the game and then right-click on the game cover in Origin (My Library) and select repair. Let it go through the process until it's complete. Play your game and see if all is well. If so, return the Mods folder (with only the mods that work) and you're good to go. Hope this helps.

I have no mods and never had any. I did repair but that didn't help either.
  • "Elliandre;c-18093515" wrote:
    When you say they are back to normal do you mean they get cured and then you can't vaccinate them? I haven't played this in a while, but I think the three I vaccinated were never infected. Maybe try to vaccinate some healthy Sims? I believe I had an experimental vaccine first which I had to test on infected Sims until developing the cure, then I could cure infected Sims and vaccinate. I'll try to play it later and see I think I have a Sim close to that part in the game

I'm at the testing stage. So I need sims who are infected. They are walking crazy and my sim goes up to them to give the vaccine. But as soon as he gets there the crazy walk is gone and that sim just walks away normally.