Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Stressful Harvest Fest

Ah! Just finished my first Harvest Fest. Ay, yi, yi! As IRL, talk about stressful. My sims are exhausted!

I planned to invite the neighbors for dinner and I made outfits for them and my sims. After decorating, cooking and making sure my sims were dressed properly, I invited neighbors over. Of course they show up in totally inappropriate clothing so as I'm trying to get them to show the right outfits. Meanwhile, one sim is constantly trying to grab a plate before I'm ready to call everyone, another sim is eating cereal while a beautiful turkey dinner is waiting, dad went out to take out the garbage so now he's in his winter clothes, and the toddler went to bed. It took every ounce of my patience to get everyone clothed and eating at the same time! After dinner (which finally happened and went well) mom immediately went to sleep. I mean, I don't blame her, but they still have guests!

A few lessons learned: make sure everyone has their party wear planned and throw a dinner party so everyone automatically changes. Hide dinner in household inventory until absolutely ready. Also plan dinner early so sims aren't trying to go to sleep.

The guests have left and everyone is sleeping peacefully. I think I need a nap, too! That was hard work! :D