Forum Discussion

Nindigo79
New Spectator
5 years ago

Sulani and the Child of the Ocean trait

It just dawned on me one important reason why Sulani isn't a destination world as some would have it.

Two of the Sims in my household are merfolk and one has the Child of the Ocean trait, but ordinary Sims can have it as well. Children of the Ocean will regularly get a sad moodlet if they have not had access to...well, ocean activities in a while. What a total bother it would be, if I had to arrange for a vacation or go to the boring Britechester lake every time my Sim got that moodlet. With Sulani being a normal "neighborhood", you can really quickly travel there for a few hours in the afternoon (or whatever), let them have a swim in the pretty ocean and maybe dive, then go back home and they're good for some time. Handy!

Just wanted to share that bit of enlightenment.
  • I really like the fact that we can live in Sulani so I am happy it is a residential world. I have only played sims with the child of the ocean trait in this world so far. But I didn't realise they needed ocean activities, I thought it was water activities. Good to know I can best have this sim live in Sulani.
  • The could have added a new lot type with the pack, like "Vacation Home" or something that you could rent, like a cabin in Granite Falls, if you'd like to go for a vacation.
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Its really a trait I never give to any sim, because I usually have my sims fishing, and Children of the Ocean do NOT like fishing. They get sad and cry when they see a mounted fish. So yeah, Nalani and Makoa go straight for the fish when they visit, and sob....

Don't think it has more impact than that, though. I often see them both fishing, although their trait shouldn't let them.
  • I had a Sim with the Child of the Ocean trait and she loved fishing...what she didn't like was eating fish, it upset her stomach.

Sulani is a great world for living in, I've been enjoying it very much. I would like more vacation worlds or at least a vacation home lot trait as mentioned in an above post. People take vacations to all sorts of places in real life so why not in the Sims as well.
    Daravi
    New Traveler
    "FunnyCides;c-17555769" wrote:
    I had a Sim with the Child of the Ocean trait and she loved fishing...what she didn't like was eating fish, it upset her stomach.

I had one too, but he got sad when fishing, so I let his wife catch the fishes. She hung a special catch on the wall and he burst out in tears when he saw it. His moodlet ask which monster could do this? Me: That was your wife. :D
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Haven’t tried that trait yet but Sulani is my favorite world to live in. Thought that they just needed water, will be fun to try one day.
  • I think this a really petty excuse for not enable ocean water in other worlds.

I never give the child of the ocean trait to anyone who doesn't live in Sulani, because I find hideous having to travel to literally a tropical island with my sim that may live in the side of the bay in Bdradington Bay, just to be able to swim around a little and get a happy moodlet. It is so unrealistic... I don't want to travel to a tropical island at all! and then hurry up to go back work and keep my normal life pretending my sim just didn't got a travel to a paradisiac destination and swimmed with dolphins in between hours?

Said that, I'm happy sims can live in Sulani too, is awesome.