Forum Discussion

7044dd4812ac7895
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Summer Camp!

I think it would be a great expansion to have summer camp.  You could plan it like a sleepover but there would be another world you could visit with the child like a vacation location. 

• You know in my entire life (I'm 69) I have never once experienced Summer Camp. Sounds like a fine idea.

• I've never been to summer camp either, but a pack with more outdoor activities would be nice.  

• Outdoor Retreat refresh thank you , there maybe thing like Summer Camp (or Band Camp!!!!) as event 🙂🙃

amapola76
    New Adventurer

It's a fun idea, but to be honest, I'm not sure how well it would be implemented if we ever did get something like this. That being said, there are lots of very creative people on this forum who have come up with great workarounds in the past for creating venues that don't officially exist in the game. 

For example, off the top of my head: you could create a camp on a community lot, but I might actually create a "Camp Director" household, and then you could either invite sims over, add sims to the household temporarily, or other households could visit. Either way, you could create mini cabins on the lot, set up tents and campfires, etc. I would probably choose a lot that's large enough to have a few horses, an arts & crafts room (complete with friendship bracelet kits!), a garden with the Outdoor Retreat plants, and close proximity to a swimmable area. I'd probably also add a pond for fishing. You could also have the Camp Director build up their skills in things like guitar, singing, and herbalism 

You know what, now I kind of want to do this. 😀

amapola76
      New Adventurer

Also, I would search the gallery... I would be willing to bet people have already created some fun lots and households based on summer camp.