Forum Discussion

graventh8
New Novice
6 years ago

Teen loud phase won't go!

My two teens both has the Loud phase for like 4-5 days and it wont go by itself they keep shouting and turning very loud music and its driving me nuts..

I've used the remove.ChildPhase_Loud cheat and it removed it from their bio but they still have they still shout and turn on loud music..I traveled to another location, deleted the cache..but still there

Is this happened because I moved them out while they have this trait? Please tell me how to get rid of it..the teens live alone but when I made their parents visit them they could still "talk about phase" with their teens..I'm trying to do it and will it work if their parents don't live with them?

If there's no in game solution to this can MCCC help?
  • I sympathise - I hate this phase with a passion. I think the cheat no longer works - since it's been removed from their bio, you might have to cheat the trait back into their bio to get it to play out. 4-5 days isn't unusual, however - this particular phase lasts forever.

It doesn't do any good to have the parents talk about the phase because the kids only respond with a snotty "I'm going to be loud so everyone can hear my and there's nothing you can do about it." You can't even discipline the kids for using foul language.
  • When the loud phase hits I always do two things, put in a musical instrument in the home so they can play and put all radios and stereos in the household inventory. When playing a musical instrument it actually counteracts the negative and helps in building one of the positive (forget which one at the moment).
  • I don't know if it will remove it quickly but it does make them productive, and they are not cussing nearly as much, and being a bit more pleasant to be around for the rest of the family, while they are playing. My teen sim ended up picking up and playing the violin. I kept it in his bedroom to save everyone's hearing. This will avoid a couple of other negative moodles, the two sims will get when someone is first playing the instrument. After they get better I move the instrument into the main part of the home.
  • "LaBlue0314;c-17261430" wrote:
    I don't know if it will remove it quickly but it does make them productive, and they are not cussing nearly as much, and being a bit more pleasant to be around for the rest of the family, while they are playing. My teen sim ended up picking up and playing the violin. I kept it in his bedroom to save everyone's hearing. This will avoid a couple of other negative moodles, the two sims will get when someone is first playing the instrument. After they get better I move the instrument into the main part of the home.

I have autonomy off, so the kids can't mess with the stereos. It's the foul language that grits my teeth. I know that's a bit odd - I mean, it's not as though we're hearing it, only seeing the red multicharacters coming out of their mouths, but it feels real? (It bothers me a lot in real life - I'm trying to read on the train and there's a group of teens or YAs talking at the top of their voices, and every other word is 'plum' - and you know which word I mean.)

If there are two things I'd like to see fixed with Parenthood, one would be the ability to discipline kids and teens during this phase, and the second would be to discipline toddlers for throwing their food on the floor.
  • I have no idea how to get rid of it through game play so I just accept it but it's def the most annoying childhood "phase". I don't see how we can't tell them to quiet down or to teach them not to shout or punish them for yelling.
  • "Bobisbae;c-17262165" wrote:
    I have no idea how to get rid of it through game play so I just accept it but it's def the most annoying childhood "phase". I don't see how we can't tell them to quiet down or to teach them not to shout or punish them for yelling.

I have the same problem with this phase; my parent Sims have absolutely NO INTERACTIONS to tell their kid(s) to be quiet or punish them for being loud; seriously, the devs need to really look into this at the next update.
  • "LaBlue0314;c-17261156" wrote:
    When the loud phase hits I always do two things, put in a musical instrument in the home so they can play and put all radios and stereos in the household inventory. When playing a musical instrument it actually counteracts the negative and helps in building one of the positive (forget which one at the moment).

Really? So playing a guitar or piano can remove the negative moodlet quickly?
  • "LaBlue0314;c-17261156" wrote:
    When the loud phase hits I always do two things, put in a musical instrument in the home so they can play and put all radios and stereos in the household inventory. When playing a musical instrument it actually counteracts the negative and helps in building one of the positive (forget which one at the moment).

I do the same! The loud phase isn't as terrible in my game since a majority of my played sims have some sort of musical instrument in the house they abuse so suddenly lol
    The character value you're thinking of is Emotional Control. :)

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,067 PostsLatest Activity: 23 hours ago