Forum Discussion

5 years ago

The Discover University Livestream was a dissapointment.

As the titles says this presentation of the pack was uninspiring, chaotic and boring. I was excited about the pack but because of the stream i think it looks terrible.

The Lady with the curly hair was annoying. She seemed bored and was all over the place. Did barely pay attention and got distracted way too much.
They would forget answering questions, which becomes annoying, when you consider that there was so much silence. It was really unprofessional and quiet hard to sit trough and pay attention. Awkward pauses... ''Hmm what should we show now'' questions
Really?! They litteraly didnt know what to do after one hour. A 2h Livestream like that is tiresome and i learned my lesson.

The promotion for this Uni Pack is all over the place... silence... gameplay trailer, that doesnt really show the features... no date for when the embargo lifts for the game changers... its ''on the weekend'' ... we dont know when the patch arrives...

I miss the trailers from get to work. Behind the scenes from artists that did simlish versions of theyre song, or even some ads like the stillLife trailer.

They should just do a producer walktrough that is maybe 10 minutes, highlights the features and tells the story. Does anyone remember These trailers?

An Q&A Blog about the most asked questions and leave the showcasing part up to the game changers. At this point they are doing it waaay better then the gurus themselves anyway.

I do find it irritating that you never see SimGuruFrost in the streams. Why is there litteraly someone that has to pay attention to the questions from the fast twitch community chat, when this is someting the Community Manager could do. Why isnt he the one asking the most common questions. Also why didnt they used the other room.

But at least the one in the middle was enthusiastic... even though the robotic talk got kinda annoying. I know they arent professional streamers and arent used to be live in front of 1000 of people...
At the same time one would think a billion company studio would get theyre stuff together after 5years, but okay.

So how do you feel about the Livestream and the pack presentation and what could of been improved?