Forum Discussion

6 years ago

The I'm Bored Thread

I don't think I'm the only one. I would like to hear from others like me who are bored with the game and or the entire franchise.
I think my boredom is starting to spill over into the entire franchise not just from boredom of TS4.

I play other games, other genres, but no games ever kept me entertained as long as this series.
They were more like games I tried, played, finished (may replay after a few years etc.) but The Sims (whatever current game it was or TS2) were the genres that kept me interested, coming up with ideas for just about anything I had never tried in them. Whether that was how to play, (playstyle) or to create something from the game that had always inspried me to create and do more inside and outside the games.

But I'm starting to feel like I don't really want to play this genre anymore. I've seen everything, I've done just about everything they have ever offered in this franchise. Played their games, tried most of the stuff in any of these games, built and shared things, created custom content in them, machinima for them, wrote stories out of them, filmed stories out of them, and even spent years on boards offering bug help or system help, and gameplay help for them. (the games).

I'm not seeing any new innovations like when TS1 went from 2D to 3D in TS2, and no longer a singular character we literally bullied and pushed around on the screen to do our bidding, but a more complex Sim who had memories, expressions, (TS1 faces don't have expressions) and reactions with memories that burned in their soul.

Then came TS3 with new innovation, whether you like it or not, open world and the game keeping up with every Sim in the world and what had happened to them is a pretty big deal. Especially since TS3 doesn't have a cap as small as TS4 with population other than what your processors can handle. 1000s. New innovation with CAW and CASt.

TS4 comes along boasting of 'we have never seesn emotions like these'. I would beg to differ they don't actually live up to the emotions in TS2 and TS3 but TS2 topping TS3's emotional system. But just buff systems. We go from Sims having expressions and emotions (more indepth) in TS2 to expressions all over the place in TS4. Sure, it's cute, but it won't help boredom.

Multitasking was ok in TS4 though I beg to differ we had plenty of multitasking in two and three, but no little timer on the screen and no stopping and starting the way TS4 has handled it but yes, we had plenty way back in 2004. TS4 added more of it but took away it actually happening at the same time in some situations. Causing some of us to see the differences that it wasn't as smooth or flowing in some cases as before.

Other than multitasking being a main selling point of TS4 I can't think of any new innovation that might even rate mind blowing status like 2D to 3D, or Cast and CAW or open world in three.

New twists and turns are fine but I want to see the newer innovation that came in large leaps like between the other iterations. If not, then I think after twenty years of playing and talking about Sims and helping with Sim problems and creating things for Sim and myself, it's time to hang it up.

I think the innovation is no longer there, and hasn't been since my Sim first opened their front door and stepped out into an open world. I think that is the last great innovation there has been and that's ten years ago. I didn't like open world (over whelming) as much as others but not because it was open but because the Sim was not the programming of TS2 Sim's soul. And all the popups (and not way to turn them off at the time) was the thing that made me dislike open world it was never really open world. But things like sp, messing with my played Sims.

But it was still a huge leap from TS1 to TS3 to build a game with open world, and in my opinion that is the last great innovation we have seen for this franchise and it's ten years ago, so it's no wonder I can't be dazzled anymore, with any new pack or DLC for TS4, because I'm the player that needs to be dazzled with innovation rather than another add on. And finally figuring that out this past year is why I'm bored with the whole franchise, I have seen it all and just about done it all, and nothing new can actually make me marvel anymore.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,027 PostsLatest Activity: 7 minutes ago