Forum Discussion

5 years ago

The Mysterious Mural of Mua Pel’am

In Island Living, in the area named Mua Pel’am (northwest area), just by the Admiral's Wreckage lot (the one with the landlocked ship), there is a cave. Next to this cave is an incomplete mural. I've discovered that the more you interact with the cave, the mural may or may not complete a small part of itself.

I've yet to complete the mural, so I'm not exactly sure what exactly you need to do to complete it. So far I'm mainly just exploring it, and it seems to be working, although slowly.

I have noticed the more you complete the mural, the more options of interactions dealing with the cave become available.

Has anyone completed the mural? What all do we know about it?

Things we know...
To access the cave, your sim needs a Fitness skill level of at least 5.

Interactions in the cave (there may be more)...
Glint out of Reach
Bat Colony
Glow Worms
Cave Graffiti
Light in the Dark
A Collection of Shells
Enchanting Song
Strange Noise
Underground Pools
Playful Dolphins

Interaction options with the cave...
Explore (the one you start with): Using this option will eventually unlock the first piece of the mural (upper-left corner) and unlock the next cave interaction.
Search for Wildlife: This becomes unlocked after you unlock the first piece. Using this interaction should unlock the second piece (upper-right corner) and unlock another cave interaction.
Discover Natural Wonder: This becomes unlocked after unlocking the second piece of the mural. Using this option should eventually unlock the third piece of the mural (lower-left corner) and unlock the last cave interation.
Travel Cave Waters: This becomes available after unlocking the third piece of the mural. Using this option should eventually unlock the fourth piece of the mural.
There are no other pieces or interactions that I am aware of.

So, what's the point of unlocking the whole mural besides the fact it looks cool? Good question.

The Mural Itself...
It seems to only have four main pieces that can be unlocked, the upper-left, upper-right, lower-left, and lower-right. It will still be missing fragments even with these four pieces included. The completed mural appears to depict two main images; the top part showing what appears to be a ship being attacked by a sea monster of sorts, and the bottom part showing what appears to be the ship, now heavily damaged, being carried to Mua Pel’am atop a giant wave. This could be the story on how the Admiral's Wreckage found it's way so far inland to Mua Pel’am.

While the mural might be kinda pointless, the cave itself does offer some nice rewards. As per another simmer...
"There is the kelp, though :) its the only place you can find it, unless you buy it with reward points, and then you get only one. The cave always gives 10. I had so many kelp at one point, I could have turned the entire Sim population into mermaids (ok, at least 100 or so). And of course its something island'y for your sim to do, and you can find treasures (and foul rare fish!) in there." (thanks to Kathykins)
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I've had many sims live on the Admiral's lot, and they've all been exploring the cave. I've yet to see the mural completely restored, even with all the options available. Or maybe I just need to keep at it, because it does take a LONG time to restore. I don't really know if there is a real point to it, maybe for the kelp or treasures, or whatever else you find in there.

I've also gotten mermadic kelp almost from the beginning of exploration, I think it's just random if you get the adventure that awards it. I ended up just getting rid of them, since I either played vampires or sims who were already mermaids.
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    There is the kelp, though :) its the only place you can find it, unless you buy it with reward points, and then you get only one. The cave always gives 10. I had so many kelp at one point, I could have turned the entire Sim population into mermaids (ok, at least 100 or so). And of course its something island'y for your sim to do, and you can find treasures (and foul rare fish!) in there.
  • "Kathykins;c-17461019" wrote:
    I've had many sims live on the Admiral's lot, and they've all been exploring the cave. I've yet to see the mural completely restored, even with all the options available. Or maybe I just need to keep at it, because it does take a LONG time to restore. I don't really know if there is a real point to it, maybe for the kelp or treasures, or whatever else you find in there.

I've also gotten mermadic kelp almost from the beginning of exploration, I think it's just random if you get the adventure that awards it. I ended up just getting rid of them, since I either played vampires or sims who were already mermaids.

Huh. Well, there goes that theory. Thanks for sharing!

Then what's the point of the cave? Just something to do? The mural is just a cool looking mural once fully unlocked?
  • @beadierturtle this is interesting to know! I never noticed if the mural changed before but will start paying more attention. I've unlocked up to Search for Wildlife so will have to get my resident mermaid to explore it a bit more. ? Many thanks for sharing.