Forum Discussion

Yongming828
Seasoned Observer
2 years ago

The Sims 4 Ideas (2024)

1. Trait System
    Make it two types of traits: Zodiac Traits and the traits in the current game. The Zodiac Traits can be further divided into three parts, please refer to here.
  2. Society System
    Make it three or four types of society: modern society, future society, (primeval society,) medieval society. Each type of society matches and restricts its own society functions, clothing styles, goods, house styles and occupations, etc. After every 84 or 112 days, the game changes the type of current society automatically and cycles infinitely. Sims who originally live in future society survive in primeval society because of the end of the world, and become gods in the eyes of primitive Sims.
  3. Building System
    Add half-tile walls and platforms, walls and platforms with a height of 0.125 times, walls and platforms hanging down from the ceiling, buildable prominent window sills, vertical sloping walls and platforms (22.5 degrees per rotation), rain gutters, cabinets for ancestral tablets, more single-tile sliding doors and functions of rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner (22.5 degrees per rotation).
  4. CAS System
    Make it a discontinuous voice slider (mid-value can be taken). Add more interpersonal titles in family tree, such as uncle, aunt, cousin, father-in-law, brother-in-law, granddaughter-in-law, etc.
  5. Others
    Make players cannot switch Sims easily after entering a household. Cancel asking players, make us must go to work and school personally with the currently controlled Sim. Cancel the outline around the Sim when the mouse pointer points to a Sim. Make it no longer cause mutual penetration and superposition between Sims.

For the ideas of The Sims 5, please refer to here.

• "Future;c-18254119" wrote:
    I’m still hoping for single-tile doors that are double and triple height. We literally have 0 of either.

I second this! Single-tile doors that come in all three (short, medium, tall) wall heights please and thank you.

My wish list of game functions before this game ends:

1) Multi-functional, multi-family lot options
    2) Buildable apartments
    3) Half walls with no top trim option
    4) Half tile wall widths
    5) Auto roofs (for those who find building roofs a nightmare and give up in frustration)
    6) Stair railings placeable on one side of the stairs only (auto two-sided railings suck and steal our ability to customize staircases)
    7) Paintable ceilings
    8) Toggle controls for autonomous cellphone usage (on, off)
    9) Toggle controls for NPC incoming phone calls (none, few, plenty)
    10) Toggle controls for house fires (none, low risk, high risk)
    11) Toggle controls for meal eating times (slow, normal, fast)
    12) Off-grid options for various mandatory cellphone/computer functions (ie: landline telephone to make calls for service or deliveries, newspaper to look for a job, non-electric typewriter to write a novel, more mailbox options, etc)
    Mk_2790
    New Spectator

• Spiral stairs
    • Clothes ironing
    • Lawn mowing
    • Water heating
    • Swimming pool cleaning
    • Attic room tool
    • Hobbies system
    • 15x25 lots
    • Composting
    Briana2526
    Seasoned Rookie
    Strollers, Pool games like Marco Polo, water slide, Baseball like throw baseball and hit with bay or play catch. Classroom gameplay for HSY like ask and answer questions, take notes to help with homework to make it go faster, have a rabbithole football game like they do in DU. The prom royalty and jester be in build and buy mode so you can keep it on the dresser. Crock pot, juicer, food processor, mixer, toaster. I would like to wash blankets. Also have a actual job and a masseuse or yoga instructor, and a nail tech. Or gym leader.
  • I want half-tile walls. A hallway that is only one square wide is too narrow, but a hallway that is two tiles wide is not a hallway, it's a room. The dimensions in this game are all over the place. I feel like this would help with that.

I want real split levels. I want to be able to build under a platform and place doors and windows between floors. I would love to have a basement that pokes out of the ground a little so I could add windows and window wells. Having to use a slope hack with a thousand bushes to hide the sloped land right up next to the house is annoying.

I want to have a garage without a foundation right next to a house with a foundation. You can do this with platforms, technically, but you can't paint the platform and wall with different swatches.

Other than all that, all I could ask for more are spiral stairs. I feel like spiral stairs are the only possibility, sadly.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace

Hmm... Very ambitious ideas. I think I'll leave a comment on these.

1. Not a believer in zodiac affecting personality still, but I think such a system is interesting and have traits being randomized based on the sign would be fun too.
    2. Creating sims through face and voice is challenging, but it has been tackled before by other developers (Nintendo Miis are one example). Sometimes it hasn't come out well though...
      Generating new sims is there to make the world seem bigger than it is. If you are only going to see the same faces in San Myshuno, the city illusion is ruined. Yeah, I have created about over 1,000 sims, so for me, the idea is somewhat appealing.
    3. I'm fine with the current life stages. My fear is that if a new life stage with new height is added, they won't be compatible with older packs much. That's why I've been against the pre-teen life stage.
    4. Yeah, The Sims 2 was great... But now the system has been so built in that it'd be difficult to change everything without breaking everything. I do wish the old The Sims 4 memory system back though...
    5. The idea sounds annoying if it's always going to be happening, but ok. The first person mode isn't always used by players.
    6. With open world, rabbit holes are more understandable. I do... kind of agree with the idea of more active careers... Yet... controlling multiple sims at different places will be difficult...
    7. More animations then... Closets and wardrobes will need an inside look. Details are always welcome though.
    8. Society ages then... Interesting... Will require a lot of work so sims don't whip out their cell phones in the medieval times, but... Hmm...
    9. Build mode could be improved indeed... The tile system will need heavy work though, as I feel that it's a system they built upon... And Japanese shrines are a dangerous subject unfortunately. There was a controversy with Snowy Escape where South Korea players found some elements offensive (bowing at shrines and rising sun kimono).
    10. Actually, yeah, not all bookshelves should have the same books! More variety to books in each lot!

So yeah, some great ideas, some difficult ideas...

EgonVM
      Seasoned Ace

Wait, apologies, this thread is two years old. Ah the forum throwing old threads like it's a new one. Please ignore.

tcg4hdoesl7o
        Seasoned Newcomer

You Good! This place likes old spam. Gotta check the dates.... before posting.😉

• Gates to work on half-walls would be amazing, too. I know you can use a fence there but sometimes I want to use half walls because it makes all other inside walls 'invisible'

Also would be nice if doors in general were sorted for tile size and whether they are doors or arches, it's those simple things that make a difference.