Forum Discussion

mightyspritesims
Rising Hotshot
3 years ago

The struggle to get a sufficiently bad reputation

My poor supervillains.

So if you have 2 friends, but you also get into fights, and also you *routinely set fire to people in public*, what should your reputation be?

According to this game... it should be a pretty great reputation! o:)

I guess the positive reputation gain from talking to one friend in front of another friend is so massive that it overrides regular violence and fire-setting.

Do you have sims with bad reputations?
How do they avoid the positive reputation gain from friendship, do you just have to have no friends at all, or never talk to one friend in front of another?

(And do feel free to share their favorite way of keeping their reputation bad, that ought to be fun)

• Idk honestly I just have Judith and maybe vlad with bad reputation and honestly not even sure what i been doing I suspect its the hissing relationship decay helping me keep it that way
    DaWaterRat
    Seasoned Adventurer
    I had a sim who was a hacker who wound up with a fairly negative reputation... for a sim. Which is to say, I think he kept bouncing against the second line on the negative reputation side. I didn't actually care and don't remember the specifics that well.
  • I played Judith once and really had to spam the negative socials to get her rep down. It's fairly easy for it to swing back towards the positive if you're not careful and get a bit lax.
  • I have a few with bad reputations and one who's fully atrocious. She has 4 declared enemies, one of which is death. It was easier to get a terrible reputation than pristine.

She gets in fights fairly often and does a lot of mean and mischief interactions. She's in the criminal career and I just have her fight people a lot. Street brawls. Mean interactions in public. It helps if she doing them in front of people in her home town. But yeah... physical fights will quickly ruin a reputation
  • Easiest way is to live in a small apartment and you'll get constantly berated with loud noise that you have to deal with, while breathing will set off your neighbors. It's an easy way to get at least one sworn enemy.
    NateWhiplash
    Seasoned Vanguard
    You had me at "routinely set fire to people in public" :smile:

My vampire Jericho Six has an atrocious reputation. He has all of the worst traits possible, has no friends, and makes a habit out of publicly torturing people
  • I had to get a mod that reduces bad reputation gain.

Yeah.

It's mainly because of one guys in my lot who is the worst, meanest Sim ever constantly getting in fights with other people and generally irritating them so they autonomously be mean back and thus they also get a bad reputation too. Didn't like how my Sims, who also want to stop this big bully by fighting them back, would also see a decrease to their reputation.

Had the same issue in the Sims 2, I've had to reset reputation for them just because they autonomously are furious and fight and poke at one guy who lives with them and is extremely mean to them all the time.
  • My Global Sjuperstar Rock Star has a Pristine Reputation, but he got into a fight once and kept getting phone calls telling him he should be nicer in order to keep up his reputation. Maybe, have your Sim fight more often?
  • Thanks for all the tips everyone and it is fun to hear about your baddies :)

@wahini2024 okay, yeah, more physical fights would definitely help a lot.

@Nate_Whiplash1 haha obviously-- public Inferniating is becoming a theme in my supervillain game as bee boxes are in yours

I also thought of purposely having them get caught swiping objects more often.

@GalacticGal yeah, I get those calls too, but I think it just happens if you have one relationship well into the red. My sims' reputations are still good despite the calls as it sounds like yours is too