Forum Discussion

LBonne24
Seasoned Newcomer
3 hours ago

Thoughts on the most recent survey

So I took the survey a few days ago and it was very exciting, lots of different ideas and themes. There were a few where I wondered if it was a spinoff Sims Medieval type situation, because I wasn’t sure how it fit in the Sims 4 as it is now. At the same time, if they are for the main game perhaps that would involve expansion of game lore (The worlds being broken because of Spellcasters) , or just being thrown in like Batuu and kind of not having any real affect on the main worlds.

But I was thinking about the option that was reported on Sims Community, about Create a World/Neighborhood. And I started wondering how that would look in ts4. I played with it a bit in ts3, and when I tried ts2 you got to edit which neighborhoods you had etc. But I was thinking, what would the tool be like in ts4? Something where you get various world bases to choose from and can choose lot sizes? Could you add hidden worlds and edit them? Could you make something like The Realm of Magic through a portal? Or the Sylvan Glade and just have hidden lots? Would there be like presets so you could do it easily, but also options for modders, and people who want to use their work? How many worlds can you create per save and would you be able to save them to download in other saves, upload to the gallery/elsewhere? 

I won’t lie to you, I was mostly focused on Van life and them finally adding more tiny living aspects that weren’t in the stuff pack. Can’t even have wheeled foundations rn. And the royalty pack was interesting. I was thinking about Fairies not being on the list, and how they have been teased forever, so maybe they’re coming sooner and what they might be like. Their world would be interesting. As well as, the mention of finally having an underwater world. And I was reminded of this survey and the create a world option. It’d be something if you could make a better Alien world, or more underwater worlds. Maybe populate it with just mermaids. Heck maybe you could make the planet of Tides/ Andros from Winx with a vast underwater area and a few bits of land above for the air breathers. My survey didn’t have this option but I think it might be one of the most interesting.

My ranking of the ones I voted on:

1. Van life, better elders- already explained 

2. Royals- for the fun 

3. Underwater- but only bc underwater world finally, I knew it wouldn’t be about fixing mermaids . Plus houseboats yay more forms of housing 

4. 80s- totally awesome , baby-sitter’s club here I come 

5.  Summer camp -super cute

6. Cyberpunk- ok myb you can have cyborg kids and androids now, dark into the future

7. Criminal- ok 

8. Post-apocalyptic- not my cup of tea. spinoff myb?

9. Jurassic Park- this was one of the ones I thought was myb a spinoff

No RepliesBe the first to reply