Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Traits are broken and we all need to admit it

The whole traits system needs to be reworked and updated in a patch.

Most of them are not actually traits (vegetarian, cat-lover, etc...) and we shouldn't sacrifice a slot out of the already limited 3 slots for such a little preference. It's really flawed in that way.

For the other traits that do affect personality, they are mostly just...moodlets. That's it. I miss traits that affect the sims themselves and those around themself. As of now, they, for the majority, only affect them. Jealousy needs to be more severe and cause actual trouble in the relationship. Clumsiness should cause an occasional fall over another sim during a conversation and result in either a positive or negative reaction. You can get my point with these two quick examples.

Make a seperate section in CAS for preferences and leave room for actual traits to be used. These traits need to actually show through observing the sim when interacting with them rather than through a notification. The Sims 3, in my personal opinion, had the best traits. The sims were actually distinct.

For my last request, we should be forced to pick a negative trait of different severity for at least one sim in a household when first starting a game (for example: ranging from, arguably, snobbish to evil). Same for childs with bad grades (tbh, I forgot if this is an actual thing in TS4. It was in TS3 at least.)