Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Trouble spawning Filth Fiends (Bust the Dust Kit)

Hello,

I'm having trouble having Dust Bunnies become Filth Fiends, even with the highest level of dirtiness in the house. I hear a tune, but the dust bunny just disappears. Not sure if it's a bug.

Is there a way to spawn a Filth Fiend so that I can complete the Fabulously Filthy aspiration? I haven't found a way with testingcheats or MCC Command.

Thanks in advance!
    LadyKyn
    New Traveler
    Haven't been cleaning your sims home have you? They spawn for me long as I don't have my sims interact with them and their relationship is low. Could try shift clicking on them and see if the option pulls up?
  • Hi LadyKyn!

Thank you so much for your reply.
    I have indeed let dust and dirt pile up, I even managed to get the house to "filthy" status, but no luck.
    I even tried moving the dust bunnies to a locked room and confirmed that when the little tune plays that I assume marks their conversion into filth fiends, they just disappear.
    Shift-clicking doesn't give the option to make them into filth fiends unfortunately; it just says reset and set as head, I believe.
    I even tried in another household, small house with a slob sim, and this time not even the dust bunnies appeared! I really don't understand what's wrong with my game at this point. I triple-checked that the dust option is active, they get the "this house is lived in/dusty" moodlets.
    I tried taking out all mods and repairing the game as well. I'm very confused, it must be a bug. I should probably try in a fresh save.

Thanks again!

EDITED June 25th:

I managed to get one to spawn! Seems like the house I was playing in had a secret basement room and they might have been appearing there without me noticing, not sure. I just let time pass and was finally able to interact with the filth fiend. It just took a lot of time, and it wouldn't appear until the house was "filthy". All dust bunnies just disappeared at that point, too.

Thanks again!

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,032 PostsLatest Activity: 14 minutes ago