Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Twlight zone Clones?

So my sim went to the park and saw himself there was a clone of him there same name and same clothes. Is this normal? I have not used any clone device or anything what's going on is this the Twilight zone? And then I wet to the library and his father was there but it wasn't his father. WhTs going on?
  • I've seen it in the past. I don't know if it's a bug or game play mechanic where sims get pulled from your gallery.. or something else. Do you play with the science career maybe.. or aliens. I'd love to know why this happens.
  • Definitely sounds like the Twilight Zone, and as such it needs a certain soundtrack to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk
  • That is odd
    "AddamsFamily;d-939396" wrote:
    So my sim went to the park and saw himself there was a clone of him there same name and same clothes. Is this normal? I have not used any clone device or anything what's going on is this the Twilight zone? And then I wet to the library and his father was there but it wasn't his father. WhTs going on?

That is odd.
  • I know this was a problem in Sims3, but happily, I've yet to experience it in Sims4. I don't keep my Sims in the Gallery. I save them to My Library.
  • "GalacticGal;c-16462684" wrote:
    I know this was a problem in Sims3, but happily, I've yet to experience it in Sims4. I don't keep my Sims in the Gallery. I save them to My Library.

Same here - never saw it here (in Sims 4) unless I caused it myself in the science career with the clone machine. As GalacticGal mentioned it happened in Sims 3 and created big problems in that game if it happened - but in Sims 3 deleting a sim broke the game so it was hard to fix and required a start over most of the time. Where deleting sims does not appear to breaks sims 4 maybe you can just find the clone in managed households under maybe homeless sims and delete the clone - it should be alright after wards. It is possible the AI used one of your sims in your library to make a new townie - as that was an issue in Sims 3.
  • Wasn't this something that happened if you moved your sims out of a house and didn't delete them before moving a copy of them back into the game from your gallery? The ones you moved out but didn't delete just become apart of the homeless sims in your neighborhood.