Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Two Clear Hints at Hotels Found in Snowy Escape

I found two unique references to bellhops in Snowy Escape build/buy text. The first, the Scandalous Snow Dreams Nightstand, can be found in the standard buy catalog and references a bellhop. The second, found either via a Simi Vending machine or in buy debug is a bellhop Simi. Screenshots of both can be found at the bottom of this post. In the past, I've found most speculative text and hints to be quite open to interpretation. But in this case, a bellhop has a very clear definition and a very clear association with hospitality. The fact that they are referenced twice in Snowy Escape does not seem like a coincidence to me. Of course, it could be, but given past surveys, the new ability to vacation to any world, and general player demand, I think these references paint a clear picture.

I certainly do think hotels/resorts are coming in 2021, how they arrive is the real topic for speculation in my opinion. I'd imagine they could arrive in game pack in early February, alongside a romance overhaul (another frequent player request), just in time for Valentines day. This could give the team a fun chance to include items like the Vibrating Heart-Shaped bed that would fit well with both themes. Strangerville arrived on Feb 26, 2019. If they were to keep a somewhat similar release schedule, moving the date up by just two weeks, such a pack could release on Feb 11, three days before Valentines day.

At any rate, I would love for hotels/resorts to arrive in a GP without a new world. I'd much rather have a thorough and exciting hotel experience that caters to those wishing to run a hotel and those wishing to stay at one, instead of a so-so hotel experience that comes with a micro-world too small to create any real sense of community.

What are your thoughts on all of this?
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50614683642_1aa7913416_c.jpg11-17-20_2-26-05 PM by Sappy Sifaka, on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50613830518_737c62a08f_c.jpg11-17-20_2-26-10 PM by Sappy Sifaka, on Flickr