Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Uneven flooring

I have a problem with a build, I only just noticed as I was trying to add furniture. In one spot it said that I couldn't place an object there because there was ab obstruction. There's nothing there, so I looked online for a solution. I thought I found it but then realized that for some reason one room, the entryway, is a little bit higher than the rest of the house. I have no idea how I did that. I tried to use the arrows to lower the entry to the level of the other rooms, but nothing changed. I also tried to higher the other rooms, but that didn't change the discrepancy between the two floor levels, it only raised the whole house.

I am not sure of what to do next. I really don't want to have to rebuild the house, etc. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
  • Check and see if you remove the front door if that makes a difference. I noticed the door I chose for a particular build, causes my Sims to actually have to step down into the foyer. I only noticed this when a Toddler sat on their behind to get into the house, much like they do when on a platform. :open_mouth:

The only other thing to try that I can think of, is to level the lot with the lot tool. I do hope someone with more experience comes along with better ideas. Hope this helps. Nothing more frustrating than spending hours on a build only to find an annoying glitch near the end of the build.
  • When you select the room, look for the arrows that appear on the little box that shows the wall height & stuff. It sounds like you were using the other arrow that appears in the floor that adjusts foundations. It’s easy to confuse them.
  • @babajayne I was just going to suggest that, that's the first thing I thought when reading what he described was happening (because I have had that same thing happen to me)

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,091 PostsLatest Activity: 5 years ago