Forum Discussion

5 years ago

University GPA--does it matter?

I was just kind of wondering, cause I've had three sims graduate now, with B+, A and A+ GPAs, and all of them seem to get the same career bonuses once they graduate, so I'm just kinda idly curious if it matters all that much, or if you just graduate at all is that good enough?
    DaWaterRat
    Seasoned Adventurer
    It kinda depends on the career, but per Carl's guide, there are basically three different boosts you can get - a Degree, a Distinguished Degree or a Degree with honors, and Distinguished Degree with Honors. But it doesn't apply to all careers. So for some careers you may enter at level 6, 7, or 8, while others may be just 7 or 8 (or 8 or 9, or whatever)

GPA basically determines if the degree is "with honors" or not. But that's about it.
    Sketch793
    Rising Hotshot
    Go to the Simology panel (Y). The mousetip for your degree will tell you if it's distinguished or you got honors. For instance, the Sim I just checked has "This Sim has earned a Distinguished Degree in Computer Science with Honors."
  • Thank you @DaWaterRat that is very enlightening! How do you tell if a sim graduated with honors? Does it say somewhere? Two of my sims entered the same career with the same degree, both at level 7 I think (it was the same level, I'm just not certain of the number) but one of them had a B+ average and the other had an A+ average. I would think the A+ average would have "honors," but maybe not? Anyway, thanks for the info!
    DaWaterRat
    Seasoned Adventurer
    @FanPhoria - it should say on their diploma, I think. All four of my sims who've gone to Uni have graduated with honors (A average) but Honors may extend down to B+
    Stina1701A
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I just graduated the Best of friends household sans Summer Holiday that I had added to that household earlier, and neither of them got a diploma, only the graduation photo.

They are counted as having had graduated and I have move them out (didn't get any prompting to do so though) and I got Becca (haven't gotten Julia a job yet) a job as a lawyer and I found that I could get her the author job and the Private Attourney branch jobs easily with her degree and she got a signing on bonus as well...

Is it maybe because Summer, who is still attending university was present? Or an attendee and living in Wyvern dorm with them when they graduated? Because they don't have a degree I don't know if they graduated with a normal Degree, a Distinguished Degree, a Degree with honors, or Distinguished Degree with Honors. One of the got a B- and the other A- though (can't remember which got which though).
    Stina1701A
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Sketch793;c-17408590" wrote:
    Go to the Simology panel (Y). The mousetip for your degree will tell you if it's distinguished or you got honors. For instance, the Sim I just checked has "This Sim has earned a Distinguished Degree in Computer Science with Honors."

AH! Of course! The Simology panel! The most logical place to have it and I overlooked it :lol: Thank you @Sketch793