Forum Discussion

Hetalia14
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Unwanted pronouns on newly created Sim

I created a new sim to go with the new Lovestruck added to my game. I wanted to try the Cupid's Corner for my sim. While I had my sim scroll through the available single options, I noticed she had she/her pronouns. I didn't create her with pronouns and wondered if there is an option to get rid of it? 

• As I far as I know  you can't remove pronouns once they've been added to a sim.  All you can do is go into CAS and create a twin to your sim or a clone the sim and delete the old sim. I wish there was a way to turn off pronoun titles if you change your mind later.

Hetalia14
      Seasoned Newcomer

I did learn one can't remove pronouns after downloading a created sim by another player. There is no option to remove them in CAS. 

When I created my sim I didn't add pronouns. The pronouns only show up under the Cupid's Corner. As of now I just ignore it and continue playing. 

MDianaSims
        Seasoned Hotshot

Even if you don't set the pronouns in CAS, your sim still has a gender based on the default gender settings (the male/female icons in the top left in CAS). I'm pretty sure that's how the game determines whether to use he or she in moodlets and notifications. So I suspect Cupid's Corner simply functions in a similar way when it displays pronouns. 

Miataplay
      Seasoned Ace

If you have the current and right mod to this date, then you can change the pronouns and sims personal attributes and attractions to your needs.  

It's all possible with the right and true updated mod...  Mods could easily fix your game.

Sims 4 is designed for mods, don't be afraid to use them.

• Dont know if this works, but if you are willing to use cheats, enable cheats and use the cheat cas.fulleditmode in live mode then go into cas and see if you can change pronouns now.

Le_Slacker
    Seasoned Hotshot

Pronouns ! another useless layer of crap added to the game ... i just ignore them in game really. As i do irl. My dad spent his life trying to get people to use the she pronoun and 25 years after his sex change operation, people still use him ! And my opinion on this matter is that everything should be neutral. Not more sub-divised. But thats me, i wouldnt try to impose my belief on others.

• When EA first established the choosing of pronouns, I thought, yeah, now the texts will read the gender correctly over the they/them. So sorry to learn I was wrong. Had no effect at all. So, why, why, why is it even available? Is it to simply give the player a sense of control?

SnaveXs
    Seasoned Scout

Once you select visible pronouns, you can't go back to remove it. That's why I rarely use that feature. I put they/them on like a couple sims. I think the pronouns automatically show up on the dating app though. The default is the binary labels He/She. 

• Also, umm...I just went into cas with a sim I already played and I can change her pronouns no problem, no cheat needed.

Lolzarella
      Rising Scout

Yes, you can change your sims' pronouns but you can't remove them altogether. If you use the pronoun option, your sim will have pronouns forever, you can't toggle them back off again if you change your mind later.

AgnesValravn
        New Traveler

Okay so maybe Im misunderstanding this? But what do you mean by removing them altogether? Like having no pronouns at all? That's obviously impossible cause everybody has pronouns....

So it's not that the sim has the wrong pronouns but that they have pronouns at all? If that's the problem then...well, invent a new language I guess? Idk...

EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace

I'm guessing that's the feature with the new dating app...

Instead of showing the gender, it goes with pronouns instead. And if you haven't set pronouns in CAS, it'll show the default ones (he/him for males, she/her for females). It shouldn't force that setting on them (so you see the pronouns in CAS too).

So yeah, it's just the dating app's quirk you'll have to live with.