Forum Discussion

Admiral8Q
New Spectator
4 years ago

Vegan Candles?

When I saw this, I thought, "What the heck?" :D

Candles made from soy wax. Ok. I suppose... Makes sense.

What about bees wax? No that is not vegan because it comes from the by-product of an animal. Bees.
Of course animal fat or wax from butter or mucus definitely not vegan.

What about modern industrial candles? Made from crude oil? (Petroleum) Like plastic and gasoline, diesel, ...etc

Hmm, even though most oil and coal and tar over millions and hundreds of hundreds of millions of years was made mostly from plants, much of it also combined for example amoebas (non vegan) and many other animals and insects etc that got into the mix. So petroleum candles and Vaseline, etc, not vegan.

So ok,
In conclusion, Soy wax candles are "Vegan".
  • "CelSims;c-17940671" wrote:
    It's pretty common in home candle making for people to choose soy wax these days. Yes, it's considered vegan!

I understand that, personally would prefer it anyways. What made me laugh was that it's called "vegan". ;)

Is it gluten free candles too? :p
  • Vegans ty not to use animal products. It's more than what you eat. If a candle doesn't use animal products it's vegan.
  • But candles made from bees wax won't destroy art work. They don't leave black soot. Plus, they have a very nice fragrance. Honey. :)
  • Haven't eaten meat in half a decade and didn't even realise there was any sort of debate on candles lol
    amapola76
    Rising Vanguard
    "qpmomma;c-17941060" wrote:
    Vegans ty not to use animal products. It's more than what you eat. If a candle doesn't use animal products it's vegan.

Yes. While I am not personally vegan, I have had a number of vegan friends over the years, and I have heard quite a bit of scorn for people who eat vegan but buy, like, real leather boots, for example.
  • I make candles using soy wax over other kids for various reasons but I've never considered it being vegan, but it makes sense. :smile:
    Is this from the Eco Living pack?

"GalacticGal;c-17941064" wrote:
    But candles made from bees wax won't destroy art work. They don't leave black soot. Plus, they have a very nice fragrance. Honey. :)

I know you didn't ask, I just wanted to share if that's okay. In my experience black soot is usually because if a wick being the wrong size, or the wick not being trimmed before being lit. But I'm not super experienced so I could very well be wrong, and different soy waxes may act differently. I'm sorry you've had art work ruined, though.

• I didn't think you were debating, I'm just obsessed with candles so will always talk about them if I see an opportunity. :lol: I know lactose has been added in the latest patch as there is a lactose intolerant trait in Cottage Living I believe.

I never knew about calories being applied to things other than food but it makes sense.

• I don't remember seeing anything called "vegan" or "lactose free" before the last patch.
    Anyways, I'm not debating anything, just thought it was amusing that a candle could be classified as "vegan". I wonder how many calories it has? (And actually calories is a measurement of energy that can apply to more than just food too. For example, gasoline has alot of calories!) ;)

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,078 PostsLatest Activity: 33 minutes ago