Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Weird yet funny bug happened

One of my households live in an apartment in the city, door locked and all. I had my camera angled and closed in on them sitting at the kitchen table. I see a blur go by. Confused, I pause my game, zoom out and there are two random teens suddenly in my Sims' apartment, talking, showing each other pics, etc. They, then, go and use the computer, raid my Sims' fridge and start playing video games.
  • I think this was a reported bug a few months ago after the release of Get Famous. Sims shouldn’t be able to walk in when your doors are locked. Before the bug, when I locked my apartment doors, it stopped sims from walking into my sim’s apartment uninvited.

I had a similar issue with locked doors for a while on a Del Sol Valley lot where I placed mobile homes and multiple families. I locked the doors so only families could enter their own homes, but everyone kept ignoring the locks and going into each other’s houses to wash dishes. I haven’t played that lot in a while, so I don’t know if it is still happening.
  • yeap... in apartments random sims come in. I dunno if they're always neighbours or some others.
  • Even with the doors locked? These Sims appeared out of nowhere, it seemed.
  • Sometimes I get dogs passing inside my apartment out of nowhere.
  • I've had this happen with my Sims living in a house. Some random lady barged in while they were eating dinner, and lit their fireplace. Then she stripped naked, and went outside to shower in the rain right in front of the dining room windows.

I used a cheat to make her leave. My Sims didn't care, but I was creeped out for them.