Forum Discussion

simsimsere
Seasoned Traveler
3 hours ago

What do you think of accidental deaths?

Also have you experienced any accidental deaths in The Sims 4? What happened? Did you accept the death or quit without saving?

πŸ’€ I don't want them in my game

πŸ’€πŸ’€ They happen too rarely

πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€ We want lots more!

I remember only four accidental deaths over ten years that happened to played sims. Some townies have also died because of freezing. I think accidental deaths are too rare in The Sims 4 compared to older games and I'm excited about the chased by death trait coming with Life & Death EP!

The first accidental death was my sim's girlfriend Maki who died because of a lint tray fire. The fire started in a small room and instead of panicking she just dropped dead straight away. It seemed buggy, but I saved it anyway. My sim is still not over her death.

Second one was PΓ€hkinΓ€ who was celebrating his YA birthday. He had a teenage embarrassed mood swing when he aged up and he died of it. Seems a bit silly, but I counted it as my mistake and I'm currently working on bringing him back with ambrosia.

My third accidental death was a vampire Amy Lee who came back from work without me noticing and just stood outside the house until she burned to ashes. Silly again, but I let her go. Her husband who was a spellcaster brought her back later on.

Fourth one was a merman Uljas. I got him a telescope to skill up some logic and then got a notice about a meteorite. Directed him inside to clean the fridge. Too bad there were also plates outside that he went to collect and... he got hit by a meteorite. That was my mistake I admit it and the game was working just fine.

SEREFRAS
    Rising Veteran

Well personally, my sims avoid it by giving the Werewolf Immortality trait.  This trait works even after the Werewolf Occult is removed.  Can any simmer say Ooo.  Yup, I can't help myself giving all my beloved sims that.

• Well... I try to accept the accidental deaths, but there have been two times I quit without saving πŸ˜… The first one was when I was playing another family and my superstar Sofia Bjergsen froze to death. I didn't want to lose her and her dog, so I quit.

The other one happened yesterday when I was trying to complete extreme sport enthusiast aspiration with Morgan Goth (nee Fyres). It was freezing outside and she was in her sport outfit and walking oh so slowly to the bathroom. I tried to make her change her outfit, but the game wouldn't let me and she froze to death. Her husband Ilias Goth tried to save him but it didn't work and I was just so frustrated that I quit without saving... I now kind of wish I hadn't done that and had just made her ambrosia or something, but oh well.

Then the accidental deaths I accepted... The first one was when Ilias' father Conrad Goth caught on fire from the fireplace on Winterfest eve. He died super fast and the game wouldn't let his wife plead or anything. It was very dramatic, but I actually loved it πŸ˜…

The second one was when Tidy Pancakes was a child and I was playing at the Von Haunt estate. The Knights of the Hedge club gathered there and vampire teen Wolfgang Munch died from the sunlight. Tidy couldn't save him, but later Tidy and her grandmother Elle Pancakes necrocalled Wolfgang so that I could make him join his vampire boyfriend Alberto Caliente's household as a ghost. I actually really like him being a ghost! They live in a big vampire castle together in Windenburg 😊

There may have been other cases, but I don't remember them now. So in the end I think accidental deaths are kind of a double edged sword. They do happen rarely, though, so I think I would like to have them more often πŸ’€πŸ’€ 

• I have had only one. In my game, they seem to be too easy to avoid. Warnings are given, time is given, nothing seems a surprise or a shock - except the once, when my sim got killed by the Murphy bed just after that pack was released. I think they nerfed it later when people moaned, to add less chance, make it more easy to avoid etc. Even going tomb raiding or swimming with sharks isn't dangerous. So many things have been nerfed in this game.

The trouble is, when you've got a sim out looking through the telescope and it warns you a meteor is coming, it kind of feels wrong to ignore that warning. It has taken the surprise away, so if you let your sim die anyway it is more like a deliberate act on your part. I want to be surprised. I mean, there is always an option to quit without saving, so why can't they just allow a bit more randomness?