Forum Discussion

11 years ago

What gives with fences?

I just want to put a fence in my garden to section off an area but I cant just place a fence, it has to go on a room? why? and if it goes on a room that area inside the fence is no longer outdoors?
  • There are different fence selections. Choose the one that says place fence by drawing.
  • These fences are rails for decks. I don't think they actually included like garden fences.
  • Have you selected the right, er, placement option? Like, there is an option that is about replacing existing wall/fence, and another one beneath (can't remember what it is though) and then a third that is for putting down a new fence... actually it might be in the opposite order. Sorry, I can't remember properly. Try hovering over the options and see what descriptors come up.
  • click the first option in the fences, single fence, fence that makes four walls, and then theres the one that makes you remove a wall and place the fence. just click the first icon :D
  • took me a bit to figure this out when making my house too. But there is different fence options on the side. One allows you to do the fencing yourself.
  • Thanks guys Ill give it another go, obviously I didn't look close enough!
  • Love the way they did the fencing. It is so easy to work with and quick. Only thing I don't like is that some will look different on the each side if you use them on a balcony at a roof line.
  • I ran into this problem as well, simple fix! When selecting the fense, there will be three options on the gray bar on the left of the box. They all have arrows pointing down under different versions of fense. Make sure you have the top one, or middle one selected. Otherwise it's deck fenseing!

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,030 PostsLatest Activity: 2 minutes ago