Forum Discussion

10 years ago

What Really Happened To Bella Goth?

My favourite Sim of all time is of course, the one and only, Bella Goth. I think one of the things that make me like her so much, is the mystery surrounding her disappearance. I was hoping for some elaboration to the mystery in The Sims 4, but that’s set in an alternate timeline. So, who knows when we’ll get an update to the Bella Goth situation?

So far, I’ve collected all the information surrounding her disappearance. I haven’t established a theory yet, but I’m hoping the simmers on the forums might help me uncover the truth of what happened to Bella Goth.

In the Sims 2, Bella Goth was last seen on Don Lothario’s deck, rejecting his romantic advances. Then she disappeared. Both Cassandra and Mortimer have memories of her being abducted by aliens, so I think it’s safe to say she was definitely abducted by aliens.

To make the disappearance even more mysterious, the Caliente Family’s bio says, “Was it just coincidence that the Caliente sisters arrived on the eve of Bella's disappearance? And is their interest in Mortimer physical... or fiscal? “ The bio implies that the Caliente sisters may or may not have something to do with Bella’s disappearance. Coincidentally, the Caliente’s are part alien. And aliens abducted Bella Goth. Suspicious?

Simmers also think that the Strangetown and Lunar Lakes Bella Goths are clones, despite Maxis and SimGuruSarah saying they are the same. I think the physical differences between Strangetown Bella and Pleasantview Bella may have just been a mistake made by the creators. Lunar Lakes Bella on the other hand, I have no explanation for why her appearance has changed so much. Lunar Lakes is set in the far, far future, so of course Bella would be dead. But why would her hair be blonde? I just can’t think of any logical reason as to why her hair would be blonde.

In The Sims Social, Bella Goth is seen once again in Littlehaven. Here it was confirmed in an interview promotion that aliens abducted Bella. Apparently, when Buddy discovered her, she had no memory of what had happened since the abduction! She set off to find the UFO that had abducted her and her memories. She found many aliens, none of whom abducted her. Eventually, she did hypnotherapy and recovered many memories of her past life and her abduction. She wrote them down in her journal, in case she ever forgot again. Apparently, she plans to publish the notes some day.

Since The Sims Social is a spin-off, some of that information may not be accurate. But, I’m pretty sure most of it is accurate. On the Strangetown map, there is a crashed UFO. Is it possible that the UFO crashed over Strangetown, and once it was rebuilt, Bella was abducted and taken to the moon? How did Bella’s hair become blonde? What did the Caliente twins have to do with Bella’s disappearance? But the biggest question of all is, What really happened to Bella Goth?

-------UPDATE-------
From a technical point of view, none of the Bella's are the same. I'm aware that she was deleted from Pleasantview. But my question is, from a STORYLINE perspective, after her abduction was staged, what happened to Bella Goth?