Forum Discussion

4 years ago

What's Up Chuck

"Vasilios got sick and threw up in the hallway in front of a bunch of other students. He is with the nurse now."

So as a parent, obviously my first thought is to find out what happened. So do a thorough health check. However, he was fine when he went to school this morning so probably not anything dangerous. But it could be. What if it's an outbreak at the school? What if he turns out to be "patient zero???" Parental panic setting in.

At the same time, I don't want him to get teased for getting sick or for overreaction on my part. So yeah, that's a thing to consider. Again, he was fine this morning. It may have been something as simple as just overeating at lunch. But what if it was food poisoning??? What if the food is contaminated??? Okay, don't panic. Let's think this through. We're adults here, let's consider all options and not jump to conclusions.

I think I may be overthinking and maybe I should just send him back to class. It's more than likely not food poisoning since he's the only one and the school's staff are very thorough in their jobs, right? RIGHT??? So maybe it would be best to just send him back to class. I mean, if it turns out to be something, we can deal with it as we know more.

What would you do? How can you justify your answer?