Forum Discussion

highxsteph
Seasoned Newcomer
19 days ago

When is the next update

This new expansion pack has ruined my whole game, it's been more than a month and I haven't been able to play! at first with my mods I simply couldn't get to CAS it kept loading and loading. Then took off mods uninstalled and reinstalled and stared a brand new game and now it's stuck on white screen. All I see is everyone having the same problems!! I've paid more than $1000 just on this game and maybe that's my fault because this game is constantly breaking. You would expect for customer who spends so much money that their game would run smoothly but that's not the case.. PLEASE UPDATE AND FIX THE GAME

0f8r0e7tbrsc
    Seasoned Vanguard

The original poster has a point. It seems as if they are more concerned with spinning out packs, but leave our games broken. I have read countless posts about this last update and what it has done to everyone's game. I am one of the lucky ones...so far. My glitches are not stopping my game, as irritating as they are. But some absolutely cannot play their game at all. So asking when a new update is coming is quite relevant. Instead of moving this post, can EA address this issue?

puzzlezaddict
      Hero+

0f8r0e7tbrsc  This is a player-help-player forum, with a few EA community managers posting here and there.  But no one is going to announce a patch date if the information hasn't already been publicly released.

I was asking the OP if they wanted help resolving their particular issues rather than having to wait for a patch that may or may not make a difference to them specifically.  Not all new issues are unfixable, and some aren't even directly caused by the most recent update.

0f8r0e7tbrsc
        Seasoned Vanguard

You are probably correct and I apologize for any rudeness. I have been experiencing problems myself and have applied all fixes mentioned and (my opinion) it seems as if they are not addressing the problems. I like many, are beginning to get upwards of $1000 into this game only to not see the problems addressed. I WANT this game to work, or I would not keep purchasing packs. But EA doesn't seem to be addressing this. The least they could do it attempt to fix what is broken before expecting us to buy more broken content.

I do realize this is a player to player forum, and as such, we should be able to express our frustration about this issue to other players. And I absolutely feel the pain of the OP! 

• highxsteph  Would you like help troubleshooting your current issues?  If so, please let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS, and I can move your thread to the relevant tech forum.  (Or you can start a new thread there if you prefer.)  It would be helpful to know whether this problem still happens in a new clean Sims 4 user folder (the one in Documents > Electronic Arts) with nothing added to it—no saves, no mods or custom content, nothing from the Gallery.

As to your original question, there will almost certainly be a patch in September, but the exact date hasn't been announced and probably won't be until a day or two before at most.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,119 PostsLatest Activity: 10 minutes ago