Forum Discussion

Horrorgirl6
Seasoned Hotshot
2 days ago

Why having Sims 4 continue indefinitely is a bad move.

Why I understand not ending a game and have more broad games is not bad.Still continue four to be the main sims game is a bad move.This is not me attacking the developers.This is me writing my concerns

Sims 4 is over ten years old.The game while good is dated.Players want something new and part of the reason of playing because they were waiting for Sims 5 or a new game.Sooner or later players will get sick of the sims 4.We have already fans getting tired and want something new.

This game is limitited.They said they can give us a Sims 5 without replacing and having updates?All I can think of is how?Are the new updates going to switch engines? Are the new game updates are going to get us open world?Dual lots  ? No loading screen? Create a style? Create a world?How are the updates going to modernized and keep it not being dated? I remember playing Inzoi demo.How awe I was because of its features and being new?How are you going to top that?What new inventive features are you going bring to the base game?

Sooner or latter this game will eventually need to be replace.The Sims 4 does have the foundation to be a forever game.

• I'm happy that the sims 4 is continuing. I'm far from bored. I don't want to start over with a new title. 

If the game does eventually get to a state so broken that people stop buying DLC then I think they will make a new version of the sims, for now I'm happy to have many more years of content. I love the sims 4.

• I'm beginning to kind of agree with it maybe being bad idea to keep expanding indefinitely

not because I'm sick of the game in fact quite the opposite I just want to play really since theres so many new cool things in the game I have yet to explore

but its getting kind of overwhelming when theres new game breaking bug every 2 months or so and sometimes they take longer to fix which just makes me unable to really get into playing my precious saves at all before next thing comes along

also my heart goes out to modded players everytime i hear take out your mods cause its like can you even get them in your game before you have to take them out again 😅

but yeah meanwhile theres still so many things id like to see for ts4 (enough to not write a list as it would turn massive) what I'd really like to do at this point is to play the game without worrying about new bugs

and bigger the additions bigger the chance of something breaking so its kinda making me less excited about new releases no matter how much I love them 😅

I also literally could not care less what other games are doing to me ts4 competition is more like my desire to play the older games instead cause they're finished and if you get them working then theres no additional trouble every couple months 😅

so I kind of wish ts4 gets there eventually rather than continues releasing forevermore

LiELF
      Seasoned Veteran

I agree with you! While it's good to get patches and fix things that have long been broken, I can't play without my "no autonomous phone" mod and MC Command. I just can't. The phones make me way too frustrated that I just rage quit. I was kind of looking forward to things at least slowing down so I could more confidently mod my game in peace. 

Also, I haven't bought an EP since before For Rent came out because of the crazy game-breaking bugs. I wanted them both, especially Lovestruck, but I keep hearing how buggy it all is. Maybe after this patch. But then...what will this next patch break?

0f8r0e7tbrsc
        Seasoned Hotshot

I didn't know there was a mod for no autonomous phone, thanks for mentioning it! I am off to find it! (running for the door) :)

Horrorgirl6
      Seasoned Hotshot

To tell you the truth .I don't mind is staying for longer. I just think  indefently would kill it.I mean has long can this game last before it blows

Miataplay
        Seasoned Ace

I don't mind how long the Sims 4 runs. For me its about how much DLC my PC can handle before the game stops running, or how much the base game coding can handle before the game is unplayable. At some point the DLC will overcome most PC system performance if the game continues to go on and on... You will have to upgrade your PC to continue playing the game. 

logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard

I think it's a really bad decision.

You are making it even more difficult to move forward. A lot of people have invested a lot in this game and spent more than $1000 on DLC, keeping The Sims 4 going even longer is going to force this community into an even larger sunk cost fallacy. It's incredibly unhealthy and the decision to end the support of The Sims 4 is going to be even more difficult to take.

You are oversaturating The Sims 4. Packs are going to feel even more similar than ever because we are stuck on the same platform which is bound by the same rules that were created in 2014. 

You will constantly chase technical debt. The game is built on code from 2014, is constantly getting new updates, every single line of code that is being added with every new pack is going to have to be compatible with 50-100 DLC packs. Trying to keep up with every line of code is going to be incredibly difficult.

You are going to be left behind. Technology is moving forward, the video game market is incredibly competitive and are coming up with new ways to attract people and build communities, the sims community is going to be stuck in the past unless you want to play on a mobile phone.

People's saves are going to become too large. The game is going to have to cache and load over 300+ lots with sims, relationships, build/buy, potential cc, autonomy rules, pack rules, and who knows what else. This is going to result in a save that will be similar to a software program having a memory leak where it will just grow, and grow, and grow. Noticed how The Sims 4 is using a huge amount of RAM when playing your old save? That's why. And it's going to get even worse. 

The game will be incredibly vulnerable to bugs. Remember when all sims started getting mean to each other? Or when shower/bathtub combos stopped working? That was because they missed one single line of code somewhere, having everything built on top of each other means that it's incredibly easy to make a single mistake which will make the whole thing fall over and cause bugs. And the developers at EA/Maxis moves on, people need to replace their roles, maybe they are not familiar with what they did back then, many people that built the sims4 could have moved on to another company.

Going for the mobile market means that you have to compete with them. You have to spend loads of development cost against a market that is not as nice as the PC/IOS market that you had with the sims4. The mobile market is incredibly competitive. The success of The Sims 4 comes from it having no competition, that will not be the case with Rene.

Karamazov123
    Seasoned Adventurer

Agreed. I'd actually love a Sims game that can evolve and adapt forever, without worrying about having to start over again. I really do like The Sims 4, but it's not the game for that. The foundation is so rotted that we're severely limited in what they can accomplish, and every update breaks the game.

Horrorgirl6
      Seasoned Hotshot

We also have to limit lots in the worlds to be added.How can they keep adding worlds are we going get 12 a lot 

Miataplay
      Seasoned Ace

Nothing lasts forever except for time and space....😶

• Horrorgirl6for once i totaly agree with you 1000% its high time to move on from sims4 and think of the sims5 its high time for a new sims game that would also bring new never seen content as well as old new challanges for premades sims or sims we make as well as keeping the charm of previous sims game sims1 sims2 sims3 and curent sims4 and it also makes me wonder how many players of the sims with this news will move to the paralive game or the new inzoi game i still like the sims4 but i have found myself taking regular breaks from the game for lack of novelty been curently playing on my ps5 or age of mytology retold

YorksRob
    Seasoned Scout

Sims 4 is already a huge bugged mess without just adding more and more to it , Some of the bugs in it have been there since the very early days and not even been looked at to fix . Then of course every time they bug fix or patch they add a whole slew of bugs because they do not play test it at all it seems . 

I honestly wish i could go back to Sims 2 to play with its humour and game play but i cannot even get past the loading screen as it won't recognise my graphics card with it being a new one and crashes .