Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Wife....and a girlfriend?

Not sure if this has been covered in the forums, I'm sure it has, but still wondering...
My sim Damien has been married(and is a soulmate to) his wife Liz. They have three children together.
The story I'm creating has to have him cheat and start another family, so I had him woohoo with another woman while everyone was gone.
Then I see the option to make her his girlfriend. I did it.
Yet he is still married to Liz.
Will he be able to marry the other woman while being married to Liz? Strange stuff to me, since in the other games you had to break it off before you could even be their boyfriend/girlfriend.
Happy Simming folks!
    EA_Lanna
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
    Heya,

So this thread is a fair bit old. The op likely isn't still looking for answers on this but thanks for sharing your knowledge eitherway. I'm sure future readers will appreciate it. If you'd like to pop open a thread to share stories from your Sims relationships I think you should go for it. :D I'll be closing this one out here to limit necroposting.

Thanks all,

EA_Lanna
  • Ah...thanks @MsPhy. I figured, just wasn't sure if EA had become more.....open....with relationships.
  • Also, I have not introduced the girlfriend to the family yet, as I am waiting for her and Damien's first child to arrive....since she is his girlfriend, will there be nasty interactions between her and the wife if I invite her over? Or just a bad reaction if the gf(She's a townie NPC, I think her name is something like Lorraine Becker) and Damien have romantic interactions?
  • My divorced Sim did get a sad moodlet on occasion, attributed to the divorce. It surprised me, because the first time it popped up was about a Sim week after the divorce. (The wife, I mean. I did not control the ex-husband, have no idea how he was feeling).
  • They haven't divorced yet(the biggest reason they have to divorce is so the future ex husband can take some kids with him, idk why my sims keep having twins and triplets, and it's starting to get hard to complete everyone's aspirations) but I'm kind of dreading having my lead sim be depressed. Normally I don't like to split families up, but the amount of kids being made is too dang high.
    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Seasoned Hotshot
    I was going to reply to OP, but this thread is from 2015!

Are we Necroposting?
    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "@Smellincoffee;c-17588079" wrote:
    I find the older I get the more I play my sims like bonobos, though. :D

Aah the perks of getting older...
  • "ebomb23;c-13191421" wrote:
    Ah...thanks @MsPhy. I figured, just wasn't sure if EA had become more.....open....with relationships.

I'm uncertain about the 'openess' with relationships but in my game (a save wherein my Sim is doing incredibly well as a Rock Star) his new girlfriend is crushing on both his older and next younger brother. Originally, I thought it was them crushing on her, but I got into her household long enough to see how she felt toward them. Mind you, her friendship and Romance bars are both FULL with Erik, (and they just became Best Friends) yet, she's crushing on the other two, as well. Has me worried. I don't play this way. LOL I play my core values and what she's doing is flat out WRONG. Could be her fate will be very much what occurred with another of Erik's girlfriend-turned-fiancee in Sims3. I put her INTO the Bin. She's still there. Would that there was a mod out there to allow for confessions to be heard…