Forum Discussion

mariefoxprice83
Rising Vanguard
3 years ago

Witchy Village

I really shouldn't think about starting a new save now I am on the brink of beginning National Novel Writing Month (come on midnight!) and was supposed to be finishing an earlier part of the book this weekend, but with it being Halloween I thought about turning Henford-on-Bagley into a low tech village populated by witches. Has anyone else done that? Did it work?
  • "manicobsessive;c-18012312" wrote:
    I have always been reluctant to play stories like this as so much can happen to break the immersion, but it sounds so cool!

Thanks. At the moment I'm playing each household for a week to give them a skill boost and so some of them can get to know one another. Then as the new sim year starts, I'll play them with aging on.

You're right about the immersion, but I'm doing my best. It's fun and I really love the world.
  • I finished my weekly rotation with aging off. I think my next step should be to draw up a rotation schedule for playing with aging on. I've got some ideas for a few of the households already, so that's something.
  • They do 2 extra challenges as well now, customisable goals in April and July, which I have been participating in for the past couple of years (after some failed attempts in preceding years). I'm actually on a Nanowrimo streak since 2012, though I participated 3 times previously.

I absolutely want to crack on with the witchy village in December though. I might even have a bit of time later this month but the words aren't coming quite as fast as I'd like at the moment, so not quite yet.