Forum Discussion

8 years ago

WOW the karaoke is amazing.

Say what you want about city living and it's lack of content (I agree to some extent), but I have to give the sims team props on the karaoke.

Previous games had the karaoke machine, and they have ranged from meh (sims 2 version) to good (sims 2 version). The sims 4 karaoke blows all these out the water with the singing skill.

Here are the cool things I found out about the singing skill in just 20 minutes of gameplay

• Goes up to level 10
  • You get 4 duets and 16 solo songs
  • Kids can also learn singing skill once they master child creativity
  • Both adult and kids voices change as they get better
  • Animation for singing improves as you get better at the skill
  • depending on the sims voice you chose in CAS sims will sing differently (e.g. one kid sounds different from the other kid).
  • sims can also have two singing interaction if you click on yourself (practice singing, sing song)
  • Can sing song on the microphone
  • Can sing songs with instruments, and you actually hear the instruments being played as well
  • Different song categories from karaoke if you sing by yourself, with microphone, or using instruments (Folk jazz, theater drama, pop
  • Both kids and adults can sing while using instruments (kids can't use guitars of course)
  • Can serenade other sims (by clicking on them or with microphone) and can also serenade other sim using instrument while singing (same song but now also with instrument background)
  • can sing in the shower
  • practice singing has sims sing a variety of songs that are unique (e.g. amazing grace, do-re-mi)
  • Can write songs and license songs

Overall I'm amazed at the amount of voice work put into the singing/karaoke. All together there are over 32 songs you can sing in city living (not including serenade, and practice singing), and if you include all the voices (8 different voice styles) that is 238 different voice tracks (not including the voice changes as your sim gets better at the skill).

I am so glad that I am into music, as the sims 4 city living karaoke is a real treat and a fully fleshed out skill. It is just too bad that other aspects of the pack had to suffer.
  • I was impressed too! I just started playing with it today, and there is a very striking difference in voice quality as you level the skill too. I didn't expect singing to be this well developed (I'm ashamed to admit I thought they would do it like they did the dance skill >.<) and this has been a very pleasant surprise!

I'm very pleased with how they developed this feature. Bravo!
    https://youtu.be/OgKTkyxS2hA
  • "Frank_The_Simmer_32;c-16543347" wrote:
    Why no singing voice for children on sims 4?

They have a singing voice.
  • Please don't post in old threads. :smile:

I've closed this thread but as a reminder of our forum rules, please don't:

Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs &amp; Kits.33,027 PostsLatest Activity: 24 days ago