Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Yard gnomes leaving with holiday gnomes?

I finally got to the Sims version of Thanksgiving and was excited because of the appearance of the mischievous gnomes I've heard so much about. I had a good laugh with them moving around the lot . They left seed packets everywhere and it was funny too how much one Sim would always make them angry and the other seemed to always make them happy. However when the holiday ended, the two gnomes I always had in the yard went with them. Is that supposed to happen or did they move around somewhere else? I hate to start that slot over in game play. Yeah, I know I can rebuy them, but that's not the point and is a temp solution. Has this happened to anyone else?
  • You know it's even more funny and I'm sitting here cracking up...I found them. In fact ALL the ones that came to visit during the holiday are still here. They are all in the basement surrounding the big screen tv. OMG I have to get a screenshot of this I can't stop laughing lol Well, these little friends have a forever home with my Sims. I only went down to the basement since that's where one of my Sims went to work out and I happened to spy the gnomes by the tv...and tons of seed packets everywhere lol oh god Too funny
  • I think one peed too there's a huge puddle on the floor where they're standing pfft lol
    Anmirla
    Seasoned Traveler
    Umm...my gnomes don't disappear. :| I have read from others that they do, but not mine.

After the Holidays, they continue to drop seed packets for a few more seasons, then hang out around the fridge for the rest of eternity. I think they identify as Gargoyles...
  • @TravisBlackfox I had the same thing happen during Thanksgiving as well, and my gnomes as well as the ones that came to visit were all standing around the TV after the holiday ended as well. There were seed packets everywhere. I kept all the gnomes too.
  • I only clicked this thread because I was surprised your gnomes actually disappeared after the holiday ended. But I guess not. :D I always have to go in and delete all of them!
  • If you do the gnome smashing game when they are mad than yes your yard gnomes will disappear other than that the ones that are on your lot should stay on your lot and the ones that spawn when the holiday tradition ends should slowly move away over time.

Edit: I almost forgot sometimes gnomes can be struck by lighting if they are they will leave a pile of ash behind with a collectable.
  • I think they fixed that in the recent patch as gnomes where appearing randomly in city living lots without seasons. Some gnomes are in base game pack others have been scattered around from the holiday pack to through expansion packs. Please check your basement or family inventory sometimes when the holiday gnome events end when they are moving they get swept off the lot so appear in your family inventory.