Forum Discussion

Loanet
New Scout
2 months ago

Your Fictional Sims Families

It's great to create your original families. But when it comes to the crunch, who hasn't gone through CAS to create a family out of fictional characters? Nothing like having your version of the 'Sims'-sons living in Copperdale, or settling down the Addams Family in Forgotten Hollow.

My first serious Fictional Family was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - and April. They live in the sewers in the rough district of San Sequoia.

So what's your favourite Fictional family to build and play with for Sims 4? Or the first one you got serious with? How seriously do you take their creation in CAS? Do you build their homes? They don't even have to be officially a family - maybe you've built a family of Autobots and a family of Decepticons.

And how important is it to be accurate?

0f8r0e7tbrsc
    Seasoned Hotshot

When I first started playing the Sims, (back in the days of the original Sims) Charmed was on tv and I recreated their home and characters for the game. I have had the Halliwell's in every version I have had since. As the Sims have grown, the magic my Halliwell's can do increases, so I am really loving my Sims 4 version! 

Accuracy does matter to me, so I am constantly looks for CC to match the items of the house. And of course, I want my Simmies to be pretty accurate. The contributors to the gallery have made finding the characters pretty easy. 😉

• I've never done it in Sims 4, but in Freeplay I had all the Munsters. I started with Herman and Lily stuck on a "boat" for a challenge. Eventually added the entire family. I branched out to the Draculas with Lily's father, Sam. Did a story about her little ghost sister who needed to be revived and her other evil sister who built a candy house to lure in children. She even had evil plans for her own daughter, Marilyn, but Lily rescued her. Yep, made an entire back story. 😂🥰

atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran

I my save game there is a version of Harry Potters parents and their friends walking around. They are all young adults and roommates. Obviously they are all spellcasters as well. I needed some friends for my first spellcaster sim and they seemed like a good idea.  I edited a San mychuno apartment to suit a spell household. I don't know if they are totally accurate. they are mostly my interpretation of the book characters. I made zero effort for them to resemble the actors who portrayed them.

The other fictional household in my game is scoobidoo . I needed 'volunteers' to investigate in forgotten hollow and accidentally become vampires. It was a requirement for my supersim to turn others into vampires. There is some accuracy but I don't mind if they don't match the cartoon characters completely. 

As my main sim however, I tend to stick to my own characters, not characters of a story. 

Haneul33
    Seasoned Adventurer

In my 20+ years of playing Sims games, I've actually never done this, so I'm curious to see how others approach the topic too. Even allowing townies and pre-mades to stick around in my saves was only something I started doing in Sims 4.